VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4]5678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:58:00 08/23/07 Thu
Author: S. K. Dixon
Subject: Walnuts
In reply to: Connie and Rain 's message, "What to do" on 23:50:25 08/22/07 Wed

Connie, my babies (grays and flyers alike) LOVE walnuts and I let mine have them--with no ill effects. Now, I remember something once about the shells of the walnuts perhaps being cleaned with something questionable; so just for safety, I always wash the walnuts and let them air dry before I use them. I don't soak them in water--just use my colander and wash them well, then spread on a towel to dry. These are walnuts I purchase--not from my own tree! For young flyers I crack the walnuts just enough for them to get started; older ones need no help! LOL!

>A friend gave me walnuts with outer covering still
>on!! I held one up to Rain's cage and she hugged it
>and wanted it SO BAD!! Don't know what to do here?
>Can she have it?? I started to give it to her because
>she held onto it SO tight! But thought I'd better
>check in first!! My baby wants that walnut! What to
>do?? Connie and Rain (who hopes the answer is, yes!)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.