VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678[9]10 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:37:08 09/17/06 Sun
Author: Cathy C. & Princess Pootie
Subject: Re: Free as a bird to struggle to nail up a fence board, alone, and to ...
In reply to: Beverly 's message, "Free as a bird to struggle to nail up a fence board, alone, and to ..." on 08:52:44 09/17/06 Sun

Oh my gosh Bev I think you've just described my life. I make an annual trip to ER for something I've done to myself while fixing up the barn or just working on something when I'm in a hurry, rarely have a plan, know what I'm doing or have the proper tools to do it with. Why am I in a hurry? Because there's only one of me to do everything and I work full time (thank God! I lost my good job last year and all summer worked 2 and 3 jobs without benefits just to make ends meet). And I refuse to live without my kiddos. Today I'll go cut up a huge tree limb that fell on top of my horse fence without a chainsaw, just my muscle powered saws will have to do. I guarantee while I'm out there working I'll have at least 2 cats and all the horses 'helping' which makes it a project worth looking forward to :). So signing off I'll do, and a tree limb I'll woo (oh my word did I just say that?!

anonymous ;-)

>
>(Free as a bird to struggle to nail up a fence board,
>alone, and to ...) go up and down the basement stairs
>about 10 times, to make sure I got the right circut
>breaker turned off, if I have to change an outlet or
>do some other electrical work, and to wonder just what
>to say, when at the ER for some minor injury, they ask
>'whom should we call if there are any problems ...'.
>I do admit there are times when I'm glad I don't
>answer to anyone, but now and then there are times I
>do wish I still had Jack (who would NEVER have let me
>get a Chincoteague or Haflinger pony!!! lol!)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.