VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Tue, November 24, 04:10:31pmLogin ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

Welcome to the Eastern Canadian Irish Dance Message Board!
Please feel free to post your questions, thoughts and advice about Irish Dance on this board. This board is moderated and is a great place for you to share your ideas with other Eastern Canadian dancers/parents. If you have any questions or requests for removal of posts please send me an email by clicking here

**For any post removal requests, please email mod81413@gmail.com, as emails from "Contact Forum Admin" do not always make it to my inbox.**

Official IDTACe website (including Oireachtas info)

Twitter: @ECR_Oireachtas

• Maple Feis - I checked out the hotels online and they all seemed to be booked. Anyone have any luck or suggestions? -- DM, Wed, February 06, 05:20:47pm
    [ Post a Reply to this Message ][ Edit | View ]

Replies:
  • To our Canadian friends - what is West Jet like or is Air Canada the better airline to fly? -- TY!, Sat, March 02, 12:44:44pm

Replies:
  • MAE & PADDY BUTLER FEIS IS OPEN FOR ENTRIES -- Registrar, Wed, February 27, 07:54:21am
    The feis is open for entries!
    May 11th, 2019 - 46th Anniversary Feis
    Go to www.maeandpaddybutlerfeis.com to enter.
    New larger venue, Ultra Sports Centre in Scarborough
    Single age groups for Prizewinner and Preliminary championships.
    Check out the Trophy Specials, Treble Reels, and Arts & Culture.

• Worlds room avail at Sheraton /host venue April 16-20 2 double beds. Please leave email If interested. -- *, Fri, February 22, 07:31:59am

Replies:
  • Registration for the Garden State Feis on March 3rd will remain open until Monday 2/25 with no late fees. Hope to see you all there! -- GSF Committee, Thu, February 21, 12:33:06pm

• First time booking rooms for NANs and I'm a little terrified. -- M, Fri, February 15, 10:00:41am

Replies:
  • Save the date: 46th Annual Mae and Paddy Butler Memorial Feis - Saturday May 11th, 2019 -- Alison, Wed, February 13, 12:39:01pm
    * New larger venue in East Toronto
    *5 large non-slip stages
    *out of region judges
    *single age groups for Prelim
    *competitions running youngest to oldest
    *Tir na Nog, Treble reel and trophy specials at lunch
    *beautiful prizes and sashes for top 5

Stay tuned, website update and entries open in March!

Replies:

• Accommodation at Worlds -- Ciara Chaomhanach, Tue, February 12, 06:10:34am
    I have two rooms booked at Drury Inn and Suites, 0.6 miles from the Worlds venue that we are unable to use due to injury. They are booked for 17-20 of April 18-20 April respectively. Please contact me if you are interested.

• Looking for a room in Greensboro April 19th-22nd -- ID mom, Sat, February 09, 01:13:13pm
    Please email me if you have a room booked at Worlds and cannot attend. We would need 3 nights starting April 19th
    Thanks!

Replies:

• Room available Sheraton Greensboro -- Erin Morgan, Tue, February 05, 12:27:15pm
    I have a room available at the Sheraton Greensboro in the block from April 12-16th.

Replies:

• Question for Vancouver locals... -- Can't wait to visit Beautiful BC!, Wed, January 30, 02:06:30pm
    It looks like most NAIDC block hotels are not within walking distance to venue. With no Uber in Vancouver, can you suggest the best way to get to venue? I've heard taxis can be expensive, and I'm guessing that parking is expensive in that part of town if I have a rental car. Any advice? Thanks so much!

Replies:

• The Dayton Area Feis has opened registration on Quickfeis! -- www.quickfeis.com, Mon, February 04, 07:54:53pm
    New this year, we are offering "2nd Chance" for Novice through Preliminary Championship. Sashes will be awarded to all 1st-3rd place winners in both PC competitions!

We will also be presenting the first annual Jack Richens Memorial Trophy to the first place winner in the boys U16 Open Championship competition!

We hope to see you at the Hobart Arena on April 27th!

www.quickfeis.com

• The Garden State Feis will be held on Sunday March 3rd in Kenilworth, NJ. We are currently waiving all late fees until our feis closing date. We hope to see you all there. -- GSF Committee, Sat, February 02, 07:42:14am

• Room available at Sheraton Greensboro, from April 13-19 -- Thanks!, Wed, January 23, 11:49:48am
    Room available at Sheraton Greensboro, April 13-19,2 dbl beds.

Replies:

• O'Donnell Winter Feis Stage Schedule Now Posted -- Mark Lyne, Thu, January 24, 09:22:50am
    https://www.odonnellirishdance.org/winterfeis2019

Replies:

• Taking vacation after Nationals -- ., Sun, January 13, 01:15:26am
    Hello, sorry for posting here but the Western C. board seams to be inactive.
    We are planing to stay in Vancouver for few days after Nationals. Could someone kindly tell me how many days should we plan for to see the popular places?
    We would also like to stay outside Vancouver for few days. Any recommendations?
    Thank you in advance.

Replies:

• O'Donnell Winter Feis ~ Late Fee Date Extended -- Mark, Mon, January 14, 08:38:42am
    It's not too late to still register for the O'Donnell Winter Feishappening on January 26th.
    The Late Fee date has been extended until Saturday January 19th. Don't Delay....hurry up and sign up!!!!

Replies:

• Don't miss out on the Rose & Shamrock Feis and Festival! -- Rose & Shamrock, Wed, January 23, 09:50:28pm
    The Rose & Shamrock Feis is coming soon on Saturday, February 16th. Complete your registration today on Feisweb! Our no solo costumes/no wigs feis, held in the beautiful downtown Lancaster Marriott and Convention Center runs alongside a full FREE (did we mention FREE!) admission Celtic Festival featuring an entire day of live bands, re-enactors, clans and societies, workshops, vendors and delicious food. Come for the feis and stay for the weekend. There is something for everyone to enjoy!

Changes/additions to this year's competition:
    -NEW U6 and U7 pre-champ competitions!
    -A 3 round Adult Championship Competition with 3 judges!
    -Music Scholarship competition!
    -Higher age groups for Prizewinner Competitions!
    -Elevated Champ Stages covered with marley flooring and edged with tape!

Back again this year:
    -Parade of Champions on the main Festival stage for all Open Champ Winners
    -Gift card awards for music competitors
    -8-hand competitions
    -Special Needs Competition
    -First Feis Competition
    -Irish Art & Baking Competitions

Check out all we have to offer at www.roseandshamrock.org!

• First time coming to area of the O'Donnell Feis. Can anyone tell me about the area? Traffic? Parking? Hotel other than feis hotel? -- Thanks!, Sat, January 19, 09:30:16pm

Replies:
  • Murray Academy Winter Feis (New England) Rescheduled -- Murray Feis Committee, Sun, January 20, 12:18:45am
    The NAFC has allowed us to reschedule our feis to 1/27/19 due to the winter storm!

Come to NH for a Blackout Feis! No dresses, no wigs! We are offering 2nd chance comps to Prizewinners and Prelims - Beautiful sashes for podium and placements - Famous Lindt chocolates - A huge Feis-tastic Raffle Basket - Murray the Moose! Sign up on FeisWeb. Original Syllabus, before reschedule, here:
    https://cararince.weebly.com/uploads/6/2/9/5/6295158/murray_winter_final_syllabus_2019.pdf
    NO LATE FEE for new entries before this MONDAY at 8am. LATE FEES will be applied to entries after that time. Entries will close once our cap of 740 is reached or at 8 am this Wednesday, whichever comes first. Thank you for your patience. Let’s Wig Free and Feis!!

• Does anyone know of any upcoming grade exams that will offer grades 11 & 12 in the ECR or within a couple hours? -- hard to get last 2, Mon, January 14, 05:16:39pm

Replies:
  • O'Donnell Feis- vendors? -- NT, Wed, January 09, 09:40:19pm
    Looking forward to the upcoming feis! Just wondering if there will be any vendors for socks etc. and food? Also, will there be a competitor list posted prior to the day? Thank You!

Replies:

• CLRG Dance School for Remote Location - Follow Up -- Dancer, Tue, January 08, 10:44:03am
    Original post fell further down the page. Anyone know of an ECR school that would do an online arrangement? A TC replied to the original post but I havent heard back (though it was the holiday season and I'm not sure if my e-mail is not working again!:().If possible, please contact youghal.harbour23@gmail.com , thanks in advance!

Replies:

• Good morning! The Garden State Feis is open for entries at FeisWeb.com. -- GSF Committee, Wed, January 09, 01:24:01pm
    We are excited to be hosting our first Adult Championship competition, celebrating the lifetime dedication these dancers have made to our sport!

We expect a large number of championship entries as we are the last feis in the Mid-Atlantic region prior to the start of the World Championships. Please enter early so that your champ dancers have one last chance to shine before heading to Greensboro.

Note that the last date to enter without a late fee is February 1st.

• O'Rourke Feis 2/2/19 is open on Feisweb.com -- O'Rourke Foundation, Mon, January 07, 09:44:34am
    The O'Rourke Foundation is pleased to present the 9th Annual O'Rourke Feis. Same great venue, same great volunteers.

NEW this year...
    Adult trad sets
    Open senior ladies increased to 21 and over

Adjudicators
    Sean Reagan, NY, Neil Reagan, TX, Patrick McCarthy-Beach, TX, Helaine Sanders, NY, John O'Keefe. CT, Maura Glynn, SC, Sharon MacSweeney, CA, Maggie Ritnour, NY, Megan Hickey, NY, Kerry Broderick, NY, Maureen Hamilton, NJ
    Eileen McDonagh Morr, NY

Musicians, Niall Mulligan, Krista Charles, Brian Glynn, Catriona Furlong, Patty Morrissey, Billy Furlong, Kevin Forde, Karen Conway

Doors open at 7:30, comps start promptly at 8:30
    3 Grades stages, 3 Champs stages, Marley in all theatres.

2 concessions areas with quite an impressive menu of healthy items. Breakfast and lunch. And don't miss out on our delicious soda bread. We'll be offering lots of breakfast options from bagels and donuts to fruit and yogurt. There will be a lunch special that includes sandwich, chips and a drink. We'll also be providing gluten-free and nut-free snacks as well! CASH ONLY please!

Medals rounds for Open Champs
    Sashes for top 5 in Prelim and Open Champs
    Perpetual trophies for all Prelim and Open Champs
    FeisWeb deluxe tabulation service
    Large parking lot right outside PAC

Supervised dress shop, $5 per dress
    Great Raffles prizes

Vendors
    Head for the World, Rutherfords, Fays Shoes, Feis Head
    Dance Bling, Rita's Ices, Maui Wowi

• Awards Videos for Solos - 2018 Eastern Canadian Oireachtas -- Adrian Smith (Happy to Share), Mon, December 17, 10:45:11pm
    Here they are - The Solo Awards Videos from the Eastern Canadian Oireachtas 2018 - please feel free to share and download as you like. Click on the Google Drive link here - https://drive.google.com/open?id=10YtTy9RZOyuGgE31xTEP_s4BMyn1wuf7

It is a safe link - don't worry. These are Friday & Saturday Solo awards only, I do not have Ceili, Team or Premier Videos. Please feel free to download,share and enjoy. :-)

Replies:

• O'Donnell Winter Feis -- Mark Lyne, Fri, January 04, 09:03:10pm
    Happy New Year to all ECRO Teachers, Dancers, Parents & Families.

The O'Donnell Winter Feis is just over 3 weeks away ~ January 26, 2019.
    To register, visit eFeis. Complete details are at www.odonnellirishdance.org

ADJUDICATORS: Devin Cornell, Fiona Gauthier, Jennifer Healy, Ann Johnston, Anne-Marie Keenan, Jackie O'Leary, more TBA

MUSICIANS: Pat King, Tony McQuillian, Ena O'Brien, Tony Rutherford, Linda Rutherford & Quentin Simms

Looking forward to seeing you there.

• Feis na Nollag -- Donny Golden School, Thu, January 03, 10:16:55pm

Feis na Nollag ‘19 is Open for Entries
    FEISWEB.COM
    February 17, 2019
    Kingsborough CC * Brooklyn, NY.

NEW THIS YEAR: Contemporary Set Comps

Adjudicators: Laureen O’Neill James, John O’Keefe, Siobhan Moore, Joan Cass, Joanie Cass, Maureen Armstrong, Maggie Ritnour, Noreen McAleer, Kerry Broderick, more TBA
    Musicians: Dom & Kathleen Lavin, Billy Furlong, Annemarie Acosta Williams, Krista Charles, Niall Mulligan, more TBA
    Vendors: Fay’s Shoes, Head for the World, Dance Bling, & Feis Head
    We will also have a selection of breakfast and lunch items in the cafeteria, the chili and beef barley soup go quickly!
    Entries Open w/o late fee until 2/3
    Entries Close 2/10
    Mail in Payments Only
    So, in order to prevent entries from being deleted, please send fees promptly.
    There is no central local hotel to arrange a group rate. We recommend the hotels local to JFK and Newark Airports which are a convenient distance from our venue.
    We are looking forward to a fantastic day of Irish culture and so hope you will join us in Brooklyn!!

• Annoyed about "x" dresses -- Annoyed, Sun, December 16, 04:55:06am
    If there is a rule; 4.4.9. All forms of dance school or individual identification, be it by sign, shape, colour-piece, logo or symbol, initials and/or name be banned from all solo costumes worn by any competitor in any competition. Why are the BFOC dancers allowed to all wear a "x" on their dress? Isn't this cheating?

Replies:

• O'Donnell Winter Feis is Back for 2019 -- Mark Lyne, Tue, December 11, 01:18:40pm
    Registration for the O'Donnell Winter Feis is now open!!!

Saturday January 26th, 2019 @ Markham Fairgrounds

Syllabus Available at...... www.odonnellirishdance.org

Registration via eFeis..... www.efeis.com

Single ages for PC competitions

Hope to see you there

Replies:

• CLRG Dance School for Remote Location -- Dancer, Mon, December 10, 01:48:18pm
    Quick question: I moved away from the Western Region 5+ years ago to NW Ontario with no access to CLRG dance schools in town/nearby. Anyone know of an Eastern Canadian online academy/school that would do an online arrangement? Wanting to compete again but not possible without a school. Might not be possible but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks in advance!

Replies:

• Someone below posted “get ready for the 2019 O” when they were discussing the nationals results and the Ohio judge (Academy judge). -- Q?, Mon, December 31, 07:18:12pm
    Does this mean that they voted in an Academy judge for the 2019 O?

• Registration is open for the 2019 O'Rourke Feis on FeisWeb. Our syllabus and list of Adjudicators is on our blog. orourkefeis.blogspot.com Same great venue, same great volunteers, same great tabulators. -- O'Rourke foundation, Sat, December 29, 04:31:00pm

• Now that the O is over , who was your favourite dancer of the weekend? -- Be nice!, Sun, December 09, 10:41:00pm

Replies:
  • Pittsburgh Winter Feis - Saturday, December 29 and Sunday, December 30 -- Julie, Wed, December 26, 07:08:18pm
    The Used Dress/Vest Room will be open on Saturday from 7:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. until noon on Sunday.

The cost is $5.00 for one dress and $10.00 for two or more (not to exceed $10.00).

Safe Travels to all!!!

• lost book at O -- habsfan, Fri, December 14, 06:57:20pm
    Sniff. I left a Toronto library book in the Sheraton ballroom Saturday night - BORN INTO IT by Jay Baruchel. The hotel does not have it. If you have it, please return it to the TPL when you are finished reading it! It is due Jan 4th, BTW. Thanks!

Replies:

• Sad -- Ex-Dancer, Fri, December 21, 02:41:30pm
    I used to see my mom go on this website when I was little and just be appalled at what she read, I was too young to understand it or read it, but now that I've grown older I check it every so often. It definitely seems to have calmed down since I was a kid, but having scrolled through some recent posts I am both sad and slightly ashamed. I address this message to the parents and guardians of dancers that use this public platform to be nothing but mean and spiteful, it is not all of you, and I want to emphasize that I do not mean to over generalize the use of this website to distract from the positive aspects, but enough is enough. As someone who used to dance, and someone who loved this sport and the region we are all incredibly LUCKY to be a part of it is sad that people 3-4 times my age sit at their computers, phones, or device of their choosing and bully. Bully children, their child's competitors, and overall peers to their children. It is sad and you should be embarrassed if you choose to do that. Don't breed that toxic competitiveness in your children that resorts to cheap shots on "dancing school's favouritism" or "teachers being shady". Yes, sadly sometimes that is the nature of the sport, and I do not condone that - but PLEASE do not enforce that kind of cowardly bullying into your children. The kids and the dancers that make up this region do this sport for the love of it and the healthy competition it instills. Please remember that before you take to your computer to anonymously let out your frustration. If you have a problem, seek to solve it or find a new sport... I love this region and the people and faces that make it up from every dance school, please don't ruin the sport we all love!

• Does anyone have a link to the parade of champions video(s)? -- Thank you :), Mon, December 10, 11:39:01am

Replies:
  • Lost at ECRO: blue dress bag -- Sonia Caskey (Caskey), Fri, December 14, 12:23:51pm
    Lost on Saturday evening after awards: Blue dress bag (without the dress, thank goodness!). Embroidery on the outside pocket says Meaghan Caskey Rose Academy of Irish Dance. I've already checked with the hotel and they don't have it. Please email me if you accidentally picked it up or remember seeing it anywhere. Thanks!

Replies:

• Does anyone know if the Grace O'Malley feis will run in 2019? -- Thanks!, Sun, December 16, 10:27:51pm

• Transfer fee -- ?, Wed, December 12, 06:04:17pm
    Is the transfer fee applied as a family fee? Or do you have to pay it per child?

Replies:

• ECRO 2018 Badge -- Anita, Tue, December 11, 06:52:57am
    Hello, my dd and I attended ECRO this past weekend, but I think we may have misplaced her badge. Anyone know of where I could get another?

• Can someone please explain how the new Worlds 2 day competition works -- Please, Tue, December 11, 12:23:33am

• Lost jacket -- ECRO dancer, Sun, December 09, 08:08:13pm
    Lost Khaki Northface jacket with fur around hood during Oireachtas results Friday night. Please post here if you found it and we will respond. Thank you in advance!

Replies:

• The number of dancers so low this year in many cosmos. No recall in U18 all the way to U22 -- Smaller every year, Sun, December 09, 10:13:07pm

Replies:
  • Results? -- Mother, Sun, December 09, 12:00:34am

Replies:
  • Dancer applying to university next year. How does that work for Oireachtas if she is out of province? Would she compete in ECR or region where she is temporarily living? -- maybelastO, Mon, November 26, 11:01:53pm

Replies:
  • Is there any posts on twitter about recalls for sets? I can't seem to see it. -- AS, Fri, December 07, 03:22:32pm

Replies:
  • With the Oireachtas quickly approaching, will there be a live stream anywhere for those of us who have to stay home? -- TIA, Sun, December 02, 11:47:41pm

Replies:
  • Amount of competitors at the O -- Thanks!, Thu, December 06, 10:56:31am
    Is there a way to find out how many competitors are in each group at Oireachtas?

Replies:

• O'Donnell Winter Feis is Back for 2019!!!!!! -- O'Donnell Winter Feis, Mon, October 29, 10:07:16am
    Please join us at the O'Donnell Winter Feis on Saturday January 26, 2019. After 4 years, we are extremely excited to have it return.

More information coming shortly!!!

Replies:

• Looking for a room for the Thursday night at the O if anyone has a room that night they can't use -- D, Sun, November 18, 12:08:21pm

Replies:
  • Looking for a room Saturday night -- Sarah McCarthy, Sun, November 25, 12:32:14pm
    Looking for a room on Saturday night if anyone is cancelling.

Replies:

• I read on another Voy, that Adam Henry Magee has been thrown out of CLRG. He has written something disrespecful regarding Mackenzie and Michaela. Is it true though? -- Pathetic., Thu, November 01, 01:16:02pm

Replies:
  • Consignment room volunteers at the Oireachtas needed! -- Alison, Fri, November 30, 03:13:46pm
    We are in need of volunteers for the dress/vest room, Friday 12-2, 2-4, 4-6 and Sat 2-4 and Sunday 9:30-11am. We also need students to help with movie night. Please go to the sign up genius and lend a hand for 2 hours and help make the Oireachtas weekend a success!

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b084caaab2fa13-oireachtas

• New Irish Dance novel published -- Christie Sever (Happy), Wed, November 21, 06:39:46pm
    I'm excited to tell you that I just published "Sound the Warning." This is an historical fiction book about the Penal Laws during the 18th century in Ireland. The target audience is 8-14 year olds, but older kids like it too. I don't know about you, but in all my history courses here in the USA, I never even heard of the Penal Laws. It wasn't until my daughter became an Irish dancer that I learned about them. I thought that today's children need to hear about this historical period so I did something about it! My characters are USA twins(one of whom is an Irish dancer) who time travel to Ireland and have all sorts of adventures there, so it's a fun read for children. They come away from the book having learned a lot of Irish culture and history. If interested, the book just went live on Amazon.com. Here is the link:

https://www.amazon.com/Sound-Warning-Children-World-Book-ebook/dp/B07JPLQRS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1542198224&sr=8-1&keywords=books+christie+sever

Main index ] [ Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

Login ] Create Account Not required to post.
    Post a new public message:
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Great dancers are not great because of their technique; they are great because of their passion. --Martha Graham
    [ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.