VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:37:06 01/02/08 Wed
Author: the assistant
Subject: do you coach?
In reply to: theMaster 's message, "True for team with LOW expectations !" on 09:12:37 01/02/08 Wed

First of all I was not talking specifically about Alvirne, I was posting in general. I have only seen that team play 1 time vs. HB at the Nashua Tourney.

Its hard for me to take you seriously for some reason. Every game means something to the players and coaches, regardless if they play their starters or bench players. Building confidence and getting bench players time on the floor in turn makes them feel like MORE of a part of the team, and in turn has them working harder in practice. The harder they work in practice the better and harder the regulars on the team work in turn making the whole team better.

It is a domino effect. Do you coach? You would know if you did that every practice, scrimmage and game makes a team better. Creating team chemistry and a winning attitude is extermely important.

You don't think the semifinal game that Trinity lost to North meant anything???? I bet that every head in that lockerroom was staring at the floor wondering what went wrong, and how do we fix it. They would have laid down and taken the night off on Saturday against South but they didn't, the focused, executed and came out with a win.

Holiday tournaments are a time to find yourself as a team. I think it did wonders for teams like North this year who can build on it. This is really a silly subject I think.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.