VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:17:40 01/02/08 Wed
Author: the assistant
Subject: oh this is an "Alvirne" thread
In reply to: theMaster 's message, "YES, I was the assistant coach on two HS state championship teams in NJ!" on 12:53:46 01/02/08 Wed

I forgot this was all about the bucking broncos. I should've known as most threads on here are about them.

I read your whole thread and agree with you on almost everything.

I just don't think these games are meaningless thats all. I don't think any type of game can be meaningless to your team. Every game is meaningful, win...or lose.

As for the rankings posts in this forum, you will notice I have and will never post on them because they are more meaningless then the holiday tourney games.

As for your final point...Alvirne "should" have won the first game of the tournament, I am pretty sure they played Trinity, the pre-season pick to win it all by many "experts" and journalists from around the state. I would say a loss to them is expected by a Alvirne team that has gone a combined 10 wins in the last 3 seasons.

So I guess I agree with you, I don't believe all the "hype" until I see about the kids from Hudson. But they did give one hell of a beating to Hollis/Brookline if that says anything.

It's way to early to be ranking teams as top of class L, etc. this year anyway. Lets wait at least 5 or 6 games and see where we are at.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.