VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:38:26 01/11/08 Fri
Author: the assistant
Subject: NEW FORUM

So I've gotten completely fed up with VoyForums for several reasons...

1. Anonymous posting - anybody can post as anybody.
2. No moderation - there is no "policing" of flamers and other posters who do not post respectfully
3. The Layout - I hate how each message of this board is displayed, topics get lost down the list too quickly especially if there is a long post
4. No organization - topics range primarily from Class L and Class I, but there are no organized sections.
5. This is a New England basketball forum...we need a NH basketball forumm
6. Girls Hoop - believe it or not there is some great girls hoop being played and there should be a place to talk about it should you choose.

So what did I do about it??? Well I created a new forum over at AceBoards. Its a free forum service just like this one but one with the structure to allow moderation and administration (me and me), as well as sectionalized topic areas. I think everyone will like the layout a lot better ove at Ace. It looks and feels like the internet of today, not the internet of the early 90's like this board.

Anyway, if you want to come over to where the court is shinier, follow the link below. I will warn you, you have to register, confirm a valid email address and sign in to post messages. It is all completely free and comes with less advertising (small goggle links) than this board does.

Check it out, sign up and get some discussions going about tonights games...

http://nhbasketball.aceboard.com/index.php?login=309700

I am also thinking about posting a weekly power rankings over there, probably on Sundays or Monday mornings whenever I have the time.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.