VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1[2]345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:16:52 01/11/08 Fri
Author: Old Guy
Subject: Players
In reply to: FAN 's message, "New Hampshire Boys Basketball Player Rankings http://www.nhboysbball.blogspot.com/" on 12:31:05 01/02/08 Wed

I am an old buck who follows the high school basketball scene in NH (even though my son graduated over 20 yrs ago). I watch all the classes, though I do see more Class L and I games. This is a great list-all very good players. Here are my thoughts. Top 3 deserve to be there for sure. I don't think Hunter should be at #4.
I'd put him around 12. Petzy, Stys, and Herrion are very good shooters and deserve their ranking here. I saw Griffin in Hoops for Hope and at Salem. He might be a very talented football player but he is an unmotivated, sullen basketball player. He is not top 20 in my book. Zapenas is a very hard worker and gets all he can out of his game but I wouldn't put him in the top 10. I have not seen Cox play yet so I can't comment on him. Salis and Tobin are talented. I am not sold on Chergey yet. He's a good offensive player but can be lazy on D and seems to give up when Bow is losing. He's definitely top 20 though. I really loved the Carr kid. Hard worker and team player. Shame he got hurt. McGlaughlin is a good player but struggling, trying to do too much this year. I might drop him down the list a bit. Dieng is talented but doesn't always seem to "show up". Chin is fast and can get to the hoop. I'd have loved to see him play L or I, because the Class S competition is lacking. I'd drop him down the list a bit to #20. I love the Costa kid. He's a throwback in that he loves the physical game and can really play defense. He is almost too unselfish at times offensively but can shoot well from the outside and drive to the hoop. He definitely belongs on this list. Casey Maue is a a talented big man. I like the Garcia kid because he works so hard and has great attitude but he doesn't really belong on this list. I would add Trevor Maynard though I would describe him as a shooter and not necessarily a scorer. I don't think he's a very good defender. I might also add Jeff Pelkey from Monadnock though he seems to be a very selfish player who doesn't involve his teammates often. I am told the Faucher boy from Lebanon is a good player but I have not seen him play yet this year. Great list. I hope they all enjoy successful, healthy senior seasons.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.