VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Re: Extracting mac files in windows

Author:
Nathan Vos
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:34:02 10/24/15 Sat
In reply to: Alex 's message, "Extracting mac files in windows" on 18:46:14 09/08/15 Tue

I know this is a month old post, but nobody has responded to you yet. At least from I know, my Mac 5400 (about same motherboard) cannot boot from a system lower than 7.6, I thought. 7.6 has to be booted from a CD not a floppy. Any system divided up on floppies would probably be older than 7.6 and wouldn't work on your computer. I may be wrong, but that is what I thought.

I was trying to do something similar and that was to get something bootable on my Mac 5400 through using Windows. From what I've gathered scouring the internet 15+ years back and later is that to make a bootable disk for a Mac OS operating system, Toast must be used, and unfortunately, it looks like only the older Toast (version 4 or 5 that only runs on Mac OS and Power PC processors) program would be able to do it.

What is needed to make a bootable Mac disk is as follows:
A PPC macintosh (non-intel based);
Running OS 7.6-9-1
Toast 4-5
CD drive that can burn a disk

Otherwise you'll have to buy a bootable disk. I've seen them for about $20 on Ebay for OS 9.0. Then you boot up by pressing down and holding C when powering the machine on. I wish you luck, it can be a pain trying to figure issues out with these computers being most of the information regarding troubleshooting issues continues to dwindle online.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.