VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Re: Extracting mac files in windows

Author:
Nathan Vos
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 17:34:02 10/24/15 Sat
In reply to: Alex 's message, "Extracting mac files in windows" on 18:46:14 09/08/15 Tue

I know this is a month old post, but nobody has responded to you yet. At least from I know, my Mac 5400 (about same motherboard) cannot boot from a system lower than 7.6, I thought. 7.6 has to be booted from a CD not a floppy. Any system divided up on floppies would probably be older than 7.6 and wouldn't work on your computer. I may be wrong, but that is what I thought.

I was trying to do something similar and that was to get something bootable on my Mac 5400 through using Windows. From what I've gathered scouring the internet 15+ years back and later is that to make a bootable disk for a Mac OS operating system, Toast must be used, and unfortunately, it looks like only the older Toast (version 4 or 5 that only runs on Mac OS and Power PC processors) program would be able to do it.

What is needed to make a bootable Mac disk is as follows:
A PPC macintosh (non-intel based);
Running OS 7.6-9-1
Toast 4-5
CD drive that can burn a disk

Otherwise you'll have to buy a bootable disk. I've seen them for about $20 on Ebay for OS 9.0. Then you boot up by pressing down and holding C when powering the machine on. I wish you luck, it can be a pain trying to figure issues out with these computers being most of the information regarding troubleshooting issues continues to dwindle online.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Extracting mac files in windowsPeter Maloney18:58:55 10/15/18 Mon

Post a message:
This forum requires an account to post.
[ Create Account ]
[ Login ]
[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.