VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Re: Putting an SSD in a Macintosh 5400/180

Author:
Nathan Vos
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 20:17:43 10/31/17 Tue
In reply to: Dean Shepherd 's message, "Re: Putting an SSD in a Macintosh 5400/180" on 09:40:07 12/16/16 Fri

Sorry for the long delay in my response. I receive no alerts to responses.

Really, I have no worry about the read/write life of the SSD on this Mac as any modern SSD's read/write lifetime is very long. The computer still works (late 2017) fine and is still just as quick as the day I installed the SSD. Being the programs and games are so small, it takes up about 20 GB of the 80 GB SSD.

Of course, it always important to back up needed data, but this thing is for fun. It is after all a 5400 Mac that can barely load Google. If the SSD dies (which I do not think will happen for a very long time - I mean probably a decade or more), I will re-install the OS, games, and programs on to a new SSD, weep my lost high score on Oregon Trail, and get over it.

I highly recommend anyone with an old computer like this to get a cheap SSD or like media and install it on their computer. I love that I did it to mine. I will update if I ever have a problem with the SSD.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.