VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Performa 6400/200 stays always powered ON

Author:
Chicco
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 06:13:18 06/14/18 Thu

Hi dear, I found this intresting place after searching info about 6400. After like 10 years of inactivity I took back from my storage pile of computers a Performa 6400/200 with a Village Tronic VGA card. The last time I used this machine it was working great, but now it wasn't booting anymore. Only gong after attaching the power cord, but no video signal. So I opened it up worried about battery, and I was right. It was 0v, flat. I replaced the battery with 3x LR44 button cells (for 4.5v nominal voltage, measured is about 4.75). Also cleaned some green rust here and there with isopropyl alcohol. But it didn't boot, it was doing just the same as before. After some wiggling I dismounted the front panel, the side metal panel, and now it boots. YAY! That's great. It have no HDD inside (don't know why. Maybe it was dead and I removed it some time ago. If it mounted a 2.4GB caviar I found one with apple logo in my stash and it seems to be dead). Now one question I have for you: I don't remember the behavior of this machine but... In the moment I plug the power cable, it immediately powers up, GOOOONG! Also, booting from a OS9 cd, then pushing the power button on the keyboard and clicking shut down, it restarts... From your experience, is it normal, and if not, what could be the cause and how can I fix it? If it's not a dangerous symptom I have no problem about it, I'll just put a power switch between the cable and the outlet.

Thank you very much. Chicco

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Performa 6400/200 stays always powered ONJohn (anciente)07:46:21 06/16/18 Sat

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.