VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Re: Performa 6400/200 stays always powered ON

Author:
John (ancient)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 07:14:35 06/29/18 Fri
In reply to: Chicco 's message, "Re: Performa 6400/200 stays always powered ON" on 18:06:28 06/27/18 Wed

Hi Chicco

By now I am sure that you have started up the 6400 with all the extensions turned off. Even so, you might pull down the Apple icon to the far left at the top of the screen and select Control Panels and then select Extensions Manager. Inside the Extensions Manager window scroll down and near the bottom of the list (if it is sorted alphabetically) find Shut Down items. Make sure that the arrowhead is pointed down and see if there is anything inside the shut down items folder. Mine is empty.

I tried shutting down my computer while continuing to press the Power Standby Button but it merely shut down. Pressing it again restarted the 6400. Perhaps there is some dust inside this? Might I suggest taking a look at this component from inside the computer, while grounded, power off.

I can’t think of any way of shutting down the HDD before shutting down the computer to minimise the risk of damaging the HDD. I suppose that you are unplugging the 6400 while the Power Standby Button is pressed before it restarts.

I am glad that the HDD works.

Isn’t it amazing that these old machines still run!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.