VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Thank you!

Author:
Peter Maloney
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:36:35 10/15/18 Mon

Hello Thomas,
After floundering around for a while I found your site. My 6400 was making fan-dying noises and I needed a fast track to get in there.
And there it was! Your excellent site!
It's a bit worrying that the last date stamp is over 10 years ago but heartening that the site is still up when others of its vintage are
parked, or worse.
So much good info lost, perhaps for ever.

I have been doing a dumpster dive through my garage which has been in accumulation mode for a decade. Such things I found.
It started when a friend, who is a nature strip shopper, wrote that he's found a ][e look-alike but needed a 65c02 to run the newer
software. He had burned the ROMs and ordered the chip from (of all places) the Phillipines. I thought I could do better.
The garage has been an irritant for years and here was a reason to give it a once-over. I found 5 65c02s on the second day.
And 6 Apple 3.5 floppies, 2 3.5 Unidisks, a spare IIGS monitor, 4 IIGS system units and the list goes on.
A 6400 motherboard turned up and there were two 6400s (without motherboards) acting as supports for other stuff.
One of them works! That chime is loud, isn't it? I'd forgotten. Must adjust.
The 6400 went into storage when I got my G4 - new with 96Megs of RAM when they first came out. So long ago.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind but I've archived your site locally. I've seen too many sites disappear over night. Hope it doesn't
affect your deal with Amazon et al. I won't put it anywhere that faces the net. Nobody need know I have it. It's our secret.

And now, thanks to your auto-reply, I've found this place. Wonderful.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.