Physical Examination & Diagnostic Procedures Forum.
www.PhysicalExamForum.com
www.PhysicalExaminationForum.com

VoyForums

Natural Pain Relief

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]23456789 ]
Subject: Examined with Sister

Author:
John
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2012, 01:11: am

When I was a young boy at about 12, my mom took me and my sister to the doctors for our physicals.I was examined first and had my foreskin retracted and was checked for a hernia. After I was done, I was shooed out of the room so my sister could have privacy. Did anyone else have a simaler experience?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> Subject: Re: Examined with Sister

Author:
Mrs.Judy.Love
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, October 01, 2012, 11:26: pm

Had my dad in the room during my first pelvic exam in the stirrups at age fourteen.I always had a good relationship with my parents that was the last time he came in with me.

Related story.

http://blogs.babble.com/strollerderby/2011/04/28/medical-chaperones-should-be-available-for-teens-physical-exams/

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> Subject: Re: Examined with Sister

Author:
Peter
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 03:43: pm

I must say it was never my experience that boys were treated differently to girls. At primary school on one occasion I went in to the doctor along with my younger sister and we each had to undress while the other was still in the room. My sister's knickers were removed at the end of her examination as a matter of course. We were both quite young however.
It was the same for injections. On a couple of occasions we were injected together: on one occasion we were each injected in the arm while my sister also got one on the top of her buttock while I was still in the room.

Author:
Daniel
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, October 02, 2012, 02:34: pm

We have talked about Doctor's visits where boys are stripped nude in front of sisters and then sent from the room before a girls is even asked to loosen a blouse.

Up to about age 11 or 12 my sister, brother and I were in the room waiting our turn and usually were also naked as we waited. Once or twice my aunt bought my cousins along for their physicals, so that mom, Aunt Ronnie and five or six kids were all crowded into the exam room getting shots and if required a fast physical, in varying stages of undress. It wasn't until my sister, about 14 months younger, began to physically mature that I was examined first and then sent out into a waiting room.
Since I was older, I must have been already growing physically, yet sis was able to sit and watch me get all the tests completely exposed and she would tease me later about what she, and sometimes my cousin Patty, had seen and she was able to re-enact most of the doctors exam when we played doctor-nurse games in the basement. Since up to that age we had both seen each other naked at home often enough being nude by itself was not a big thing.
However once, probably the first time that happened after my check-up, mom handed me my clothes and sent me out to get dressed in the reception room in front of the next families who were awaiting their turn. I didn't know anyone was there and strolled into the reception area without making any attempt to cover up. When I did see one of the girls who was about my age sitting next to her mom staring directly at my privates I became flustered and I am sure my face turned red. There were three or possibly four children, both genders, all sitting there watching me struggle with drawers that had twisted half inside out when I dropped them in my hurry to cover up.
Kathy or Patty never were sent out into the reception room, still naked, or even half clothed, to have to dress in front of the receptionist and another family.
I remember that very well, because I started to get teary eyed until the receptionist came around the counter, picked up my clothes and brought them and me behind the counter which was at least partly outside of everyone else's view. She sat in her chair at a desk and untangled thesocks and underpants even holding them for my legs and making sure they were on straight with my genitals in the front pouch. I was still embarrassed at her seeing me naked and half crying but appreciated her help.
As I grew up she always had a nice smile for me at later visits and several times suggested as a joke that if I needed help to just step behind her counter which few people listening would understand referred to the day I was all exposed to her.
It was better than in front of the other family as I knew several of them from school. But my mom never even looked out the door to see if the reception room was vacant or who was there.

Author:
Jas
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 07:00: pm

I don't have a sister, just a brother. But as I remember, my pediatrician wasn't really one who provided excellent privacy for her patients. I remember after my physicals I usually had to get shots and my doctor would just have me stay shirtless while she did the shot and the nurses would usually be guiding other kids inside the room to get height, weight and temperature taken before it was their turn. Typically while getting the shot, the door is left open, therefore other kids can see you bare. This is not uncommon amongst girls either. There was only one time I was seen naked while the doctor left the door open. It was when I was having stomach problems in middle school and the doctor had to perform a rectal exam on me. I had gotten several of these throughout the year and typically, she would just tell me to take off my clothes except for my underwear and lie on my side then pull them down when she would begin. But during this one time, after she finished checking me, I assumed she didn't clean my butt of the jelly very well, so when I pulled my underwear up, the jelly got all over shorts. Since the doctor didn't come back, I decided to just take all of it off and try to clean it. Having just my luck, the doctor came in right after I slipped my shorts off and had the door wide open. I just stood there in shock, in front of my pediatrician, the nurse, 2 girls being weighed and their mom. I tried to pretend that the girls didn't see it...but i'm certain they did. The doctor then tried to block their view and asked me what had happened. I told her the jelly story and she just smiled. She wasn't done examining me yet, so she just continued with having me sit naked on the table until my underwear dried. That's the only story I really recall...probably because it was extremely embarrassing.

As for siblings, I have been examined with my brother before. My mom tells me I usually wouldn't even go inside without him. I guess him being my older brother, I went to him for protection. We usually were just stripped to underwear and as we lie on the table, she pulls underwear down a little. And that's it. I kinda wonder now what it feels like to have a sister in those moments.

As a side note, I visited a pediatrician in the early to mid 2000's. I see a lot of stories of full nude physicals, but more back in the day. I don't think they're very common nowdays. Sorry, I may be a little young for this forum :3

Author:
jean the frenchie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, October 05, 2012, 05:40: am

"Peter " I was never in an elementary school which was mixed but I presume that if it would have been the case, boys and girls would have been treated the same at school physicals and may be not separated because under the end of elementary school, about 11 age, it was not really an issue at least in the opinion of adults in charge of the school and physicals and most of the parents.

Now I presume that it would be different but for the both gendes and it is a little ridiculous to be so concerned by the modesty of so little children at least until 8 or 9 age. Anyway, at mixed elementary school, I presume that even now boys and girls are changing together in the same room for PE lessons. Of course it will never happen in middle and high school and anyway no students is undressing naked in front of others.

At home in the past for such kids,if there was boys and girls, the bath was generally given by the mother without privacy and it seems absolutely normal to be exposed to the view of the persons present and of course it was the same at a doctor's office with the mother present for the examination of both of the children, a daughter and a son.

Nevertheless, it is true that some doctors were more strict about nudity for boys than for girls, so a sister could have more opportunity to see her brother in the nude than the reverse.

The issue began really after the elementary school when a son began to be pre-pubescent and unfortunately for him, his modesty was not often respected more.

It was often related in accounts that the nurse, the doctor ore the mother thought to make him go out of the room of examination when it was the turn of her sister to be examined and it was right and fair to do that but they did not think that the same might be done for his examination which sometimes took place in front of a younger or an older sister.
Why? may be because the nurse was a woman and very often the doctor too and they did not mind to the modesty of boys and it was a fact of society that boys would not be so modest as girls because it was not a good male attitude if they wanted to become real men. Many adults persons were thinking like that in the past.

Anyway you are right to say that today, it was unlikeky to happen that children are examined in the full nude at a pediatrician's office while it was frequent in the past. The attitude of doctors towards the nudity of children or students is very different.

As regards "John", if it was only until 12 age, it is not so much a big deal.

As regards "jas" account, I consider that you were in a certain way responsible of your exposure, you were not enough cautious and you could have closed the door before pulling off your underwear or more simple keep your underwear even if it was wet and it was not pleasant to wear it. It is a perfect illustration of what many adults were thinking about boys : "they are less mature than girls at the same age".

Nobody can be blamed for your exposure, except may be the doctor who would have thought to wipe your buttocks before leaving.

As regards "Daniel" it is different, your mother and aunt were obviously in favor of double standard but it was not uncommon in the past. If you were examined until 14 age naked in front of your mother, aunt, and sister or cousin, it was not fair for you since you began to be too older to be exposed to the view of all these persons and your mother might have noticed that it was unfair when she heard your sister teasing you about the fact that she had seen you in the nude.

but I have not weell understood your relation.

I have understood that until 11 or 12 age all the children including girls were naked all together in the exam room or even in the waiting room (?) and that after that age you were examined first and they told you to return in the waiting room while your sister was examined and that it hapened when your sister was still younger than you, so the modesty of your sister was sooner protected.

But does it mean that after 12 age when you were examined first in the exam room, your sister was still present as when you were both younger?

And as regards the situation when you were told by your mother to go out of the examination room still naked to go in the receptionist area to dress again, it was unfair because you were exposed to many persons while it never happened to your sister to be forced to dress again in that public area but it seemms that you were still very young since you needed the help of the receptionist to dress again, you were not older than 10 age ?
anyway, it was not fair and not very necessary to tell you to leave immediately before being dressed the room examination even to win time or at least your mother could have told you to pull on your brief before sending you out in the reception room, but you could have thought to do it by yourself, so it was an other proof of the fact that boys were a long time immature.

And why you did not go in the waiting room as before in your relation?

[> [> [> Subject: Re: Examined with Sister

Author:
Richard (to Jean)
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 12:00: pm

Jean,
At our primary school as I recall boys and girls sometimes went in to the doctor together but often just for things like eye tests etc tho I think there was one occasion on sn early class where we were pulling our tops up for brief stethoscope.
For the examination I mentioned earlier however boys and girls were called out separately. Although I think it was the case that there might be more than one girl or boy in the room at the same time, it was only 'mixed' if it was siblings, presumably to save parents an extra trip to the school.
I must have been about 9 and my sister 6 and our examinations were not the same. I had all my clothes off for most of it (I think) and got my genitals examined whereas my sister's examination was briefer and she was in her panties throughout until right at the end. As far as I can remember she was naked only for weighing. Definitely a practice not followed now.

Author:
Donnie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, October 11, 2012, 03:30: pm

In elementary school had physicals with the girls we all had to take tops off. No one made a big deal about it. One girl i still know in high school last summer she showed me her breasts big difference from the small bumps she had back than. Think was good took the mystery away of what goes on during school physicals.

Author:
rich
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 06:58: pm

did ruthie go behind curtain too or did doc examine her in front of you? also curious where ya got ya shots and if watched each other get em?

Author:
Bobby Foxx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, November 13, 2012, 09:37: pm

My mom took us to the doc together until I was 12, and had an experience.
My sister was about 3 years younger than me, and we were there me in my undershorts and she in her tshirt and panties.
There was some discussion with the nurse and mom while we went to do the urines, and the doc came in, and when he got to the end of the exam with me, he had me go behind a curtain and drop my shorts. they then heard me cough, and i didn't understand why mom was so red faced when i came back out.
Ruthie got her little exam, we both got shots and left.

We changed doctors shortly after that, for some reason.

Author:
rich
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 07:02: pm

sorry bobbie my response ta ya got put above here. did ruthie go behind curtain? also where ya get ya shots and how many?

Author:
Bobby Foxx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 10:38: pm

No, she was examined on table, only time I was behind was when I had to drop everything.

When we had shots, we were together, and laid face down(thank goodness!!)

Also, at new practice, I had to bend over table to get most injections.

Author:
jean the frenchie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012, 07:29: am

"Bobby Foxx "

after reading your relation, I don't think that it was really embarrassing
you were young both and you had to drop everything only behind a curtain

You were lucky to have a doctor who did the exam of a boy in that way, with respect of his modesty in front of mother and younger sister.

it could have been worse!

Author:
rich
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Saturday, November 17, 2012, 12:36: am

good ya were face down. hope got ta seee sis get her shots though. did ya hate bending over table for shots and was sister present at new dr.?

Author:
Bobby Foxx
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, November 18, 2012, 09:16: pm

I prefer bending, and no, that was the last time she was present.
If you like, hit me up on yahoo.

Author:
Barry
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 08:13: pm

Donnie. I had my elementery school physicals with the girls also. Everyone had to take they're tops/shirts off for the stethoscope check. In the sixth grade we also got a blood pressure check. I think the girls were a little embarrassed by the whole thing.

Author:
John
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, April 14, 2013, 01:12: pm

I can remember being examined with my sister till I was about 13 or 14. She was a year younger than me. I think after the last time I asked my mom if I could go in by myself, since I thought I was old enough to be examined without my Mom or sister being present. Our Mother agreed and so did my Sister. For being examined in front of each other at that age caused embarrassment for both of us. Especially since our Doctor was very thurough, and having to undress to our underclothes, it just made sense that we be examined seperately.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.
Rectal Temperature, Normal 100.2 F or Less.
Visit the Rectal Temperature Message Board.