Welcome to the original Physical Examination & Diagnostic Procedures Forum.

VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: modesty and draft physicals

Author:
CFNM Guy
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Friday, April 13, 2012, 07:37: am
In reply to: jean the frenchie 's message, "modesty and draft physicals" on Friday, April 13, 2012, 05:33: am

All you say is very true. I remember one guy saying that while at his draft physical he and other guys were lined up naked in a corridor waiting to enter the exam room. The corridor had offices in it where there were female clerks, and he was very embarassed to see a girl he knew from HS waving at him through a window in the office.
There is no doubt that modesty for the young guys was of no consideration during these draft physicals, even when females were present.
Btw, do you have links to the German draft physicals in front of many women?
I have seen several pictures of Russian draft physicals showing the draftees totally naked giving exam papers to female clerks sitting on desks.
Also standing naked one by one in front of draft board sitting at a desk, which included women. They were obviuosly not allowed to cover because they had their hands at their sides.
So all of these women working in these draft centers had a good view of all the naked young draftees, even though they were not medical persons.
Some accounts from many different places even say that the young draftees had to give urine samples in front of female assistents.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: modesty and draft physicals

Author:
Reb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2012, 09:56: pm

I just barely (pun intended), remember my draft physical. Most of the time we were in our briefs, part of the time we were nude. I do remember women, young and older, being there but the thought of them picking me out of all those others never crossed my mind. I suppose there is some privacy by being in large numbers. Besides, we all have more to worry about other than having a woman see us naked. Being drafted and sent to Nam wasn't especially popular at the time, especially with the horror stories folks were bringing back. We had a lot of returning GIs in school with us and became close. They confided a lot about a lot of things. Being naked just didn't seem to matter at all, just part of dorm life. It was a male dorm but we were always having women visitors or one sort or the other.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: modesty and draft physicals

Author:
jean the frenchie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012, 02:50: pm

"Reb" : you are right with your comment about draft physicals. i think also that the nudity in a large group was not the main concern of the draftees during the Vietnam war, it was the war and the risks of being injured seriously or worse killed in Vietnam which was more important obviously.

It was the same in France during the algerian war where about 13 000 draftees were killed in several years.
I was too young at that time to be a draftee but I am convinced that the idea of being forced to report in front of the members of a draft board commission stark naked at 18 age as it was the rule was not the main concernfor them. They feared certainly to be send in Algeria more than to be exposed in the nude to a dozen members of the draft board board.

The question of the nudity and modesty could only be a real issue when it was a peace time for mandatory draft as in Germany in the recent years for instance or in all countries which were in peace.

It is true also that for some young men, may be not all, it could be less embarrassing to be naked in front of a lot of persons including some women, young and older, if they were not alone, but with a large group of guys all naked together. As you said, you had more to worry about other than having a woman see you naked, I understand your statement.

But you talked of several women at your own draft physicals, can you tell us a little more ?, if you kew who they were ? and why they were present?, what was their job ? or the reason of their presence ?

To illustrate what you said about the diffference between being naked in a group and being naked alone for an examination, I have noticed that in a german book where there was a lot of witnesses about draft physicals in the recent years since it was only in 2011 that the mandatory military service was abolished. Many german young men related their feeling of indignity at their examination in the nude in front of a female doctor assisted by one or two female nurses or secretaries while they were examined one by one alone in the exam room and not in group like it was some years ago.

So normally their privacy was even so best protected than before but they were apparently more shocked or humliliated by this kind of examination in front of two or three women.

To answer to "CFMN guy", you are right also: according to relation that I have read like you, it was very common in Russia and other eastern countries where there was still a mandatory military service with draft physicals that the draftees were all the time of the process in the nude even for check of idendity or eyes test or urine test and were eventually reporting in front of a draft member commission which seemed always being made up of a few women, not medical persons.

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: modesty and draft physicals

Author:
jean the frenchie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 04:12: am

I presume that you are right.

even for women, the draft physicals with a lot of naked young men every day of the week and week after week would be something normal and usual after the first days and we can presume that they did not mind to that exposure than yourself did. It was becoming a casual situation not really interesting.

it is certainly true that to see naked long lines of young men would not be an event when it was all the days the same.

May be, it would have been different if the examination would have been performed one by one as in Germany

[> [> [> Subject: Re: modesty and draft physicals

Author:
Reb
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, April 16, 2012, 07:42: pm

Can't remember who they were, and I never knew why they were there. This was back in 1970 or so. I do remember they appeared to be busy and seem to have jobs. I never did see any of the stare or anything. Figure after day after day, week after week, of seeing long lines of naked people, you get to where they all look alike.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.
Rectal Temperature, Normal 100.2 F or Less.
Visit the Rectal Temperature Message Board.