Welcome to the original Physical Examination & Diagnostic Procedures Forum.

VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat for Free
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]
Subject: Re: claim of co-ed nude swimming

Author:
nobody
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 01:27: pm
In reply to: Mrs.Judy.Love 's message, "Compulsory Nude Swimming at School" on Saturday, November 17, 2012, 12:33: am

See "Best Answer" at the URL below. It claims both boys and girls swam together, naked, in school.

http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130107170847AAdHCms

No details given (location, year, grade of students). You can decide if you believe it or not.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
[> [> Subject: Re: claim of co-ed nude swimming

Author:
Ron
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013, 04:19: pm

It was no big deal for boys to swim naked in the 50s and 60s, even in backyard pools, no matter if girls were present. But girls always wore swimsuits.

http://www.imagebam.com/image/c04d72232509635

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[> [> [> Subject: Re: claim of co-ed nude swimming

Author:
jean the frenchie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 06:47: am

As regards swimming at school, I don't believe that boys were often swimming in the nude with girl's students in swim suits.
For me, it is totally different, it was certainly not the rule but it could happen occasionnlly or accidentally that girls came in advance in the swimming pool where the boys had their lesson in the nude or that they could see by a window without curtain or a hole in the door of a locker room or if the boys were late and had not get out of the water wwhen the girls came or for any other reason. I Think that it was almost unavoidable that it happened at school but not intentionnally.

And of course, there was the case of the swim competition, I am skeptical about the presence of a lot of girl's students but it might happen according to some relations that there was mothers and sisters or female relatives who were present on bleachers. In my opinion, it was not frequent and it happened mainly for small aged boys, not male teenagers but I can be wrong.

Author:
jean the frenchie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 07:02: am

"Jarrant" has said in a former message :
"When females visited or were in the vicinity during swim classes, we all thought it was laughable although some of us were more modest than others"

of course, some boys were less modest and did not mind if they were seen in the nude while others were afraid of being seen naked but when you talk of females who were visiting or were in the vicinity during swim classes, I don't understand what you want to say.
what do you mean by "visited"?

For girl's students or teachers, to be in the vicinity was certainly frequent but it did not mean that they had a view on the boys swimming in the nude.
in a coed school, of course the students were often not very far from others and the vicinity was unavoidable but there was in my opinion no issue as long as they had no possibility to look at the boys in the swimming pool even if they were in the nearest room or corridor .

Of course, I presume that every body being in the school knew that the boys had to swim naked and girls or at least some of them were certainly very curious about the anatomy of boys as boys would have been about that of girls, so if they had an opportunity to have a look, they took it but I don't think that it was frequent.

Author:
jarant
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 10:32: am

Jarrant" has said in a former message :
"When females visited or were in the vicinity during swim classes, we all thought it was laughable although some of us were more modest than others"

of course, some boys were less modest and did not mind if they were seen in the nude while others were afraid of being seen naked but when you talk of females who were visiting or were in the vicinity during swim classes, I don't understand what you want to say.
what do you mean by "visited"?

.....by visited, I meant that female swimming instructors were either present upon the boys entering nude from their locker room shower to the pool area or female instructors came in during boys swimming class to meet with our male coach.....

For girl's students or teachers, to be in the vicinity was certainly frequent but it did not mean that they had a view on the boys swimming in the nude.
in a coed school, of course the students were often not very far from others and the vicinity was unavoidable but there was in my opinion no issue as long as they had no possibility to look at the boys in the swimming pool even if they were in the nearest room or corridor .

... They usually talked while standing outside the coaches office and usually faced the pool since the boys coach had to constantly be aware of the boys cutting up or running on slippery deck surfaces. The female instructor watched us without any signs of embarrassment during these short visits....

Of course, I presume that every body being in the school knew that the boys had to swim naked and girls or at least some of them were certainly very curious about the anatomy of boys as boys would have been about that of girls, so if they had an opportunity to have a look, they took it but I don't think that it was frequent.

... It was not a frequent occurrence. I remember once taking a dare from a classmate and getting out of the pool and walking nude up to the coaches who were talking and twirling their whistles to ask our coach for permission to use the restroom. I remember thinking that my face must be red because I was both excited and embarrassed to be seen close up by the female instructor.

Author:
lifelongswimmer
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 10:02: am

In the 1950's, in North Central Florida I attended swim lessons at a neighborhood pool. There were about ten kids. The instructor was a woman, assisted by at least two teenage girls, possible her family. We were between around 8 to 13. I was 10. The oldest boy was probably 12. The girls all wore some kind of swim suit. The boys ALL swam naked. Parents (all Moms, I think), and other family members socialized poolside. This was at a private home with a sizable in-ground pool. Girls changed in the pool house cabana. It ran about two weeks. Boys simply undressed and dressed on the deck. It was just the way things were at that time and place.

[> [> Subject: Re: claim of co-ed nude swimming

Author:
jean the frenchie
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, January 17, 2013, 06:36: am

According to what I have read on that subject, it was not the common use in all the United States, only in some towns and especially in rural areas where boys were swimming in backyards pools in the nude and it was considered as normal in the 50's and 60's.

As regards the presence of girls, I am not convinced that it was so much frequent except may be for moms, sisters and female relatives because it was family.
and it was certainly depending on how the modesty of young males was considered in a family, if it was appreciated like a normal feeling or on the reverse like an unnecessary feeling according to masculine values.
In that latter case, the nudity of boys and may be young male teenagers could be admitted and why not encouraged as long as the women were not considering that you had a indecent behavious which could have shocked them.

Author:
jarant
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013, 10:01: am

I often wondered what went through the female mind when seeing so many yound nude males in such swimming settings.
Would any of the female readers on this forum be willing to share what experience(s) they either actually had or can offer what would have gone through their minds if they had been present in such situation?

[> [> [> [> Subject: Re: claim of co-ed nude swimming

Author:
Lillian
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013, 09:56: pm

I have never heard of coed nude swimming in school but can imagine that some of the boys didn't mind flaunting themselves nude in front of the girls or female coaches and in turn the females most likely enjoyed the experience.

[> [> [> [> [> Subject: Re: claim of co-ed nude swimming

Author:
Speedy
[ Edit | View ]

Date Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 04:35: pm

Yes Lillian, Us boys loved flaunting in front of the girls. It was such a male ego trip to show off in front of girls. Just knowing we were being eye fucked by girls was so gratifying to say the least. You are so right. However I would like to mention that seven billion people is one baby to many.

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2012 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.
Rectal Temperature, Normal 100.2 F or Less.
Visit the Rectal Temperature Message Board.