VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Essential Hits Live

Author:
Linda
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 13:36:12 06/01/02 Sat

This is an album you can just close your eyes to and just imagine you were there at those concerts. You are in Houston when Steve says "Houston can you hear me?" and you're in Tokyo when Steve thanks you from the bottom of his heart--(in Japanese)! The guitar work is very strong on every cut. The keyboard may be over powered by Steve's vocals and Steve Smiths drumming but it is not what I noticed when first listening to this album. The first thing that grabbed me was the raw emotion in Steve's voice. On Send Her My Love when Steve says "Journey's on the road again!" You can almost hear the break in his voice--as though he was about to cry. He squeezes a lot of bits into the songs to include the audience and I love that--especially on Wheel in the Sky. "come on sing the song with me!" Those songs were being played so feverishly with so much passion-- like as though the guys were afraid they would never be able to play them again. Steve can carry you away on this one. A great great live album.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.