VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time ]
Subject: Greatest Hits Live

Author:
Noel
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 10:08:06 06/14/02 Fri

This is my favorite Journey album.

Having never had the pleasure of seeing Journey or Steve in concert live, this CD gives me a vicarious thrill.
The energy and charisma of the band comes shining through every song. And the audience participation - especially in Any Way You Want It - is just wonderful! Makes me wish I had been there!

After the Fall is one of my favorites, and I’ve read it wasn’t done live very often, so it’s a wonderful addition to the CD.

Open Arms was never one of my favorites, but on Live – Steve just personalizes it and makes it his own. His vocals and inflections in his voice on this song blow me away. It made me really listen to the song and come to appreciate it.

It continually amazes me that Steve – and the rest of the band – were actually better live than taped. Usually it is the other way around, since in the studio you can do multiple takes and have a controlled atmosphere. The fact that Steve’s voice is better on stage and in person is just a tribute to his extraordinary gift. To be able to maintain that level – on tour – is unheard of.

It says in the liner notes that these songs were just sitting around and were dubbed right over to the CD. No touch-ups or changes were made –after many years of sitting on a shelf. Just proves why Journey was so popular – the band had an astonishing amount of talent and the music they created will continue to be listened to, and appreciated, for generations.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Greatest Hits LiveEmanuel19:54:52 06/28/02 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.