VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Thursday, October 19, 03:09:29pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]
Subject: Re: Current Morse/Lewis happenings in England

Author:
Janet
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 28, 01:19:48pm
In reply to: Ken Burt 's message, "Current Morse/Lewis happenings in England" on Monday, June 27, 10:09:06pm

Hi Ken
I was one of the people who has been an extra in Lewis (episode ...And the moonbeams kiss the sea...), which was great. I was in my wheelchair during the scene of 'tourists' at the Bodleian Library.

I know series 6 is about to begin filming though not sure at present when, but you might be lucky to catch it while you are over.

I suggest you spend you're evenings in the Randolph at night then you might get a chance of seeing Chris (Burt) producer of the series, and he might offer you the chance of being an extra as he did me.

Also you might get the chance while there of seeing Colin (Dexter), Kevin and Laurence in the Randolph, who knows.

I was very lucky when i was there with my friend Theresa, in 2007, that we choose the right week, in September when they were filming, and got to meet all of above including Chris's wife who introduced us to her husband when he arrived.

We also had tea with Sheila (Hancock), which i had arranged to celebrate another fan whose birthday it was.

There are loads of places you can visit connected with Morse and now Lewis, so even if you don't get lucky in becoming an extra or meeting anyone the trip is still worth it for the beauty of Oxford.

If you want to know anymore then please let me know, just click on my name and it will take you to my email address.
Regards Janet.

>I will be in England, including five days in Oxford in
>July. I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything
>related to the Morse or Lewis serieses that I might
>catch. I know John Thaw and the whole series will be
>much on my mind throughout my stay. I've been to
>England before, but never Oxford. I think I remember
>once seeing a posting here from someone who got to
>actually be an extra in a Lewis episode. To me it is
>amazing that a series, and the actors who made it come
>alive, can seem such a part of us. Obviously, I never
>knew John Thaw, but his creation is a part of my
>psyche. I bet his Morse would have thought that silly!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Current Morse/Lewis happenings in EnglandKen BurtFriday, August 19, 09:13:51pm

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.