VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Tuesday, December 12, 08:01:01pmVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]
Subject: Re: Current Morse/Lewis happenings in England

Author:
Theresa H
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 29, 02:05:20am
In reply to: Ken Burt 's message, "Current Morse/Lewis happenings in England" on Monday, June 27, 10:09:06pm

Hi Ken...and I was the one pushing Janet's wheelchair in Lewis! Yes it was a great experience - our whole visit was, and Janet has summed it up pretty well.

Also worth noting that when we were there, the Tourist Info Bureau had several booklets on Morse locations and Morse walks you could do.

Also there I believe there are still Morse Tours being run where you can hop aboard a bus and have a guided tour of Morse locations, hopping on and off at various places.

One place realy worth visiting - just a short bus ride from the city, is the Trout Inn at Wolvercote. The characters 'drank' there often - as did cast and crew when off duty. You get to see the river (and nearby bridge) where the Wolvercote Tongue was found.

If you're there, ask if Dennis Fogle is around. He used to own/manage the place and when Janet and I were there he was there just there helping out - though he is no longer in charge. A very friendly and interesting person to talk to, with great stories of meeting cast, crew and Colin Dexter.

Enjoy!
Theresa H

>I will be in England, including five days in Oxford in
>July. I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything
>related to the Morse or Lewis serieses that I might
>catch. I know John Thaw and the whole series will be
>much on my mind throughout my stay. I've been to
>England before, but never Oxford. I think I remember
>once seeing a posting here from someone who got to
>actually be an extra in a Lewis episode. To me it is
>amazing that a series, and the actors who made it come
>alive, can seem such a part of us. Obviously, I never
>knew John Thaw, but his creation is a part of my
>psyche. I bet his Morse would have thought that silly!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Current Morse/Lewis happenings in EnglandJanetSaturday, August 20, 09:29:21am
    Re: Current Morse/Lewis happenings in EnglandKen BurtSaturday, September 17, 11:45:28am

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.