VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Sunday, October 22, 09:20:06amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]45678910 ]
Subject: Re: Current Morse/Lewis happenings in England

Author:
Janet
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Saturday, August 20, 09:29:21am
In reply to: Ken Burt 's message, "Current Morse/Lewis happenings in England" on Monday, June 27, 10:09:06pm

Hi Ken
I'm glad you had a great time, Oxford is a wonderful city to visit, and there are Lewis and Morse sites and sounds around every corner.

I too would never bother any star who was in Oxford, and i never have, having said that, Theresa and i got to meet Kevin in the Randolph when we were there in 2007, and Chris Burt the producer, who is a really lovely fella, as is Kevin.

We were there one evening, along with Sandra another fan of John who posts on here now and then, and we got talking to Chris's wife, he hadn't arrived at this point, and she was asking us if we were Morse fans, and i told her we were all JOHN THAW fans, so when Chris came she told him about us, and we then got talking to him.

Anyway as we were leaving Chris asked us if we would like to be extra's in the episode of Lewis that they were currently filming, so we were so excited we jumped at the chance. Chris told us to arrive at the Bodleian Library for 9am, so we said we'd see him there.

Next morning (this was a sunday, 16th September), Sandra was already there when Theresa and i arrived, i was in my wheelchair, we hung around outside waiting for a fella who was trying to get Chinese people to be extra's but they didn't seem interested.

He must have eventually overhead us talking and came across to ask us if we would like to be in the episode, we told him that we had been invited by Chris, so he soon showed us into the Bodlien, we were taken into the library to wait for our scene.

At first they didn't want me in my chair then i'm glad to say they changed there minds, as the scene was done several times. Eventually it was in 'the can' as they say.

George who by this time we knew his name came over to us to see if we were ok and happy with what we'd done, we were over the moon to have had the chance to appear in Lewis.

I asked George if it would be possible to speak to Kevin or Laurance, George said he would see what he could do, this was before we did our scene, after he came to us and said just for us Kevin would see us outside the Bodleian for a few minutes.

Kevin was lovely, he laughed and joked with us, and let us all have what we had signed, all i had was a leflet for the Bodleian which made him laugh!

The episode was And the moonbeams kiss the sea, and we are in the shot where the second tour guide is taking the tourists across the Bodlien in the background as the guy is on the phone with his paper!

This wasn't to be the end of a brillient day, because i'd organised for Sheila Hancock to come and see everyone but especially Kay who's birthday it was, we all had afternoon tea with her in the Randolph, but that's another story.

Then that evening we were in the Randolph again and met Chris and Kevin again, i had on my Morse jacket, which i got from the sound guy on Morse, and Kevin saw it and asked me where i got it from, i told him and we then had a chat about it.

Chris then invited us to watch more filming of Lewis the following morning, outside my bridge (sorry the Bridge of Sighs), of Kevin on the phone.

This was my first holiday ever, and i don't think i could have wised for a better one, it might never happen again, but i have these wonderful memories forever!

Thanks to being a fan of a wonderful actor called John Thaw!
Regards Janet.

>I will be in England, including five days in Oxford in
>July. I'm wondering if anyone knows of anything
>related to the Morse or Lewis serieses that I might
>catch. I know John Thaw and the whole series will be
>much on my mind throughout my stay. I've been to
>England before, but never Oxford. I think I remember
>once seeing a posting here from someone who got to
>actually be an extra in a Lewis episode. To me it is
>amazing that a series, and the actors who made it come
>alive, can seem such a part of us. Obviously, I never
>knew John Thaw, but his creation is a part of my
>psyche. I bet his Morse would have thought that silly!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Current Morse/Lewis happenings in EnglandKen BurtSaturday, September 17, 11:45:28am

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.