VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Saturday, December 16, 01:40:04amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345[6]78910 ]
Subject: the memorial bench dedication

Author:
sandra
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, March 22, 07:34:21pm

hi all,
just got home from a three day visit to London.
spend yesterday with the insp. morse society and had a FANTASTIC time!
Colin Dexter was there with his lovely wife and Antony the chairman and around 56 other members.
unfortunately Sheila Hancock wasn't able to come, as she had a rehursal for Sister Act.
Antony called Colin a substitute; how wrong he was! he is such a very, very nice man!
I brought my eleven year old daughter along (yes, she loves morse as well); she instantly fell for Colin Dexter!
he talked to her about school (next year she'll be going to highschool; which in her case means half of the lessons in Dutch, and half in English and Latin as an extra) and it was especially this Latin which he thought was great for her. he used to be a Latin and Greek teacher, which I didn't know.
unfortunately he is loosing his sight. but not by any means his humor! he did a wonderful job of reveiling the bench.
afterwards he joined the whole bunch for lunch and even walked half way through London with us, on our way to RADA for a performance of Rookery Nook (which my daughter loved!)
Janet; shall I send you some photographs for your site??
Theresa; I did receive your mails, but just didn't find the time to answer them last week; will do next week!!!
take care all,
love,
sandra

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: the memorial bench dedicationJanetSunday, March 22, 09:09:45pm
Re: the memorial bench dedicationKaren USAMonday, March 30, 04:44:20am

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.