VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

Tuesday, October 17, 01:24:45amVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456[7]8910 ]
Subject: Re: UK... Lewis Series 3 could be the last (read on)

Author:
mfr
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: Sunday, March 08, 05:58:17pm
In reply to: Janet 's message, "UK... Lewis Series 3 could be the last (read on)" on Friday, March 06, 10:11:57am

>i live in leeds were hundreds of people have lost their jobs at itv..

as much as i agree they should cut back on the soaps/entertainment/ant and dec programmes i also think that if they hadn't paid "stars" far too much money over the years the issue wouldnt have occured... i wonder how many people could be in work for the budget of i'm a celebrity for example but could a drama or series be made cheaper and bring in revenue.

the entertainment programmes bring in lots of revenue via the phonelines people are stupid enough to ring.. which we know are mainly fixed anyway... how much revenue does lewis bring in (i know i am not a fan i'm just using it as an example). i know they argue that it brings people to oxford and local revenue but i dont live in oxford neither do the people it showed on the news leaving after been made redundant..

it's once again your average person thats suffers.. will the overpaid actors/actresses and "entertainers" in these programmes really be bothered (apart from when been interviewed) that joe bloggs is out of a job as long as they get their big fat pay cheque.

there will probably be less drama on itv now or maybe just less well paid established names in them giving new talent a chance to break through.. i wonder how many people could have stayed in work at the expense of ant and decs contract or the amount of money they pay david jason to do another touch of frost..

i'd rather watch a drama than soaps or entertainment but unless itv go down the cheaper grittiers dramas like channel four, bbc 2 route which they aren't really known for then i can't see many dramas coming through in the next few years.

soapbox is going away now...

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: UK... Lewis Series 3 could be the last (read on)JanetMonday, March 09, 10:23:18am

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-4
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.