VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: Ft. Pierce Area Beach Report

Author:
Kenneth Hughes
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 14:07:35 10/31/05 Mon

Hit beaches Saturday--could not get there earler in week. Jupiter Beach closed till Monday morning (today) according to park attendant who kicked me off of it--along w/ another detectorist and 3 fishermen--He stated, "He was concerned we would hurt ourselves; thence, the story changed to...he was concerned about us being contaminated by pollution (sewage) that may be washing out of the inlet and river...and he told the fishermen not to eat fish caught there do to this pollution. Of course, I explained to him I was not in his dang park nor on county property--In fact, all of us followed a city easement aside the park down to the Federally-owned Beach. Anyhow, I headed to Ft. Pierce & found some mild washouts but no severe cuts--and every beach I checked--included Douglas Park Beach was replenished in the past few years. Rather disheartening to see this natural stretch of ocean destroyed by dredging--the whole stretch from Sebastian to Vero should have been saved as a National Seashore back in 1960's with no development permitted--see you at the next club meeting.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: Ft. Pierce Area Beach ReportKip04:57:01 11/01/05 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.