VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1 ]
Subject: S.W.Florida Find, Need Help

Author:
Christopher Lee (OK I think)
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 04:57:31 11/17/08 Mon

I dont know how to work this board and hope that someone finds this. I got a metal detector about a year ago. I live in SW Florida in Naples. My son is into hunting and I go with him sometimes and bring my detector. I always find garbage on the beach most of the time, so my thought was that if I bring my detector to the woods in the Everglades, there wont be much junk. Ok, we park along highway 75 east of Naples and go south, between highways 75 and 41. About 3 miles into the woods my son tells me to stay here. He goes further into the woods. I work my detector near a couple of creeks, where there is the only area that is not too soggy because there is a slight hill there. After about 5 minutes I find an old bullet that is a lead ball. Another 5 mins and I find what looks like the remains of an old gun where the wood stock had rotted away. Then I find two piles of what looks like a bunch of lead balls that were intentionally buried. I say that because they were right in front of a pile of lime rock that looked like it was piled intentionally in an "x" pattern many years ago. I think that this stuff was from the Civil War times from what I could find on the internet showing types of ammo balls. Does anyone know if there was much Civil War action by Naples Florida? Next, are the lead balls or rusted gun worth anything? Lastly, there looks like this spot was used as a camp perhaps because there are several piles of rocks that were put there by someone (rocks in unnatural piles). It is weird that this is there in the middle of the Everglades near Naples Florida. You can email me at naplesart1@hotmail.com if you have any information. I am not very good with my detector, and even worse on the computer and doubt that I can even get back to this site, so please do not use terms that are technical. I have this spot saved on my GPS and am going back there soon as my son wants to go out and hunt again. I only spent less than an hour there last time because of rain. Want to spend a day there thinking I might find a coin or two! It should be soon because we went last year when it started getting cool.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: S.W.Florida Find, Need HelpShawn05:16:48 05/27/09 Wed
Re: S.W.Florida Find, Need HelpLawrence Gladsden19:48:12 10/02/15 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.