VoyForums

Sat, June 24 2017, 0:12:13 PDTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Wed, January 25 2017, 3:32:58
Author: kgp
Subject: QOTD for Wednesday, January 25, 2017

I should have some clever Burns reference in here but I'm too frazzled to look for one. Happy Birthday, Robert Burns!

I love the interaction between John and Hal's children. He's a doting uncle. There's a special bond with Dottie, in particular.

The following quotation is from An Echo In The Bone by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 2009. All Rights Reserved Chapter 33, The Plot Thickens

Your mothers in on it, is she? he asked casually, provoking a startled look through a veil of windblown hair.

On what? Dottie pawed at the blond spiderweb of her hair, escaped en masse from the inconsequent snood in which shed bound it and dancing over her head like flames. Oh, help!

He captured her hair, smoothing it tight to her head with both hands, then gathering it at her neck, where he plaited it expertly, to the admiration of a passing seaman, clubbed it, and tied it up with the velvet ribbon that was all that remained from the wreck of her snood.

On what, forsooth, he told the back of her head, as he finished the job. On whatever the dreadful enterprise is on which youve embarked.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I LOVE John's dry wit. I am really anxious to see if the actor chosen to play him can capture that. -- lori v, Wed, January 25 2017, 4:23:49

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I've watched David Berry (LJG) in every episode of A Place to Call Home, and he is a phenomenal actor. He'll nail it, no doubt about it. Casting hasn't gone wrong yet! -- Lady_Jane, Wed, January 25 2017, 18:03:41

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Thanks for a good recommendation! I'd love to see him. My first thought was he was too "pretty" to play John. But they've been spot on with the rest of the cast and I just can't wait for Season 3!! -- Kathy in PA, Thu, January 26 2017, 3:34:53

[ Edit | View ]

[> I love that he braids her hair. Is the seaman admiring John's dexterity or Dottie? -- kgp, Wed, January 25 2017, 6:41:06

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Probably both😛 John IS a wonderful Uncle and I also love his wit and way with words. And speaking of doting uncles - DH and I welcomed a brand new great-nephew this morning! Mom, Dad, big sister Maddie and new baby Eli are all doing well. Maddie is two and has been eagerly waiting for Eli and has enjoyed sharing his toys. When her Mom asks if Eli will share her toys, she says "No - mine!" -- Kathy in PA, Wed, January 25 2017, 9:14:19

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Exciting! -- Piper-Mom, Wed, January 25 2017, 12:50:46

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Congratulations!!! -- kgp, Thu, January 26 2017, 7:40:16

[ Edit | View ]

[> Oh Minnie!! Is she in on it?? Can't wait to find out. And John with Dottie are some great of my favorite scenes. She tries to play him, but he is very expert at see things in people. 💙😊 -- LisaW, Wed, January 25 2017, 9:02:55

[ Edit | View ]

[> Fun!! I love the description of her flyaway hair! -- Piper-Mom, Wed, January 25 2017, 12:51:13

[ Edit | View ]

[> The flyaway hair reminds me of Claire's unruly locks. And I LOVE Dottie! John reminds me of my eldest brother, a 70 + y/o gay man, who is the sweetest most wonderful man I know. He has always been a rock-solid presence in my kids' lives. I can certainly can see him braiding his nieces' hair and exchanging witticisms. -- Betsy Barefootspinner, Thu, February 16 2017, 14:17:40

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.