VoyForums

Sat, June 24 2017, 0:12:42 PDTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Thu, February 09 2017, 17:53:25
Author: Lady Linda
Subject: QOTD for Friday, February 10, 2017

The following quote is taken from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 120, If Only For Myself, Copyright © 2005 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

Jamie looked down at Jem, who was clinging to his hand, looking back and forth between father and grandfather, confusion, fright, and longing in his face.

“If one day, a bhailach, Jamie said conversationally, “ye should meet a verra large mouse named Michael—ye’ll tell him your grandsire sends his regards.” He opened his hand, then, letting go, and nodded toward Roger.

This is the scene that absolutely breaks my heart.

Ladies, I am posting both Friday and Saturday quotes today as I am going out of town for the weekend and am not technically astute enough to post from my phone. I offered to do two weeks as no one was signed up as a quoter after me. Let’s surprise boss lady and fill up many of the coming weeks with quoters. She deserves this. Please, please take a week so we can keep this wonderful tradition going.

QOTD for Saturday, February 11, 2017

The following quote is taken from A Breath of Snow and Ashes by Diana Gabaldon, chapter 119, Loth To Depart, Copyright © 2005 by Diana Gabaldon, All Rights Reserved.

“I love you,” I whispered, and slid under the sheet beside him, putting my arms around him, hugging him close, warmer than the stone—so much warmer—and his heart beat with mine.”

“I’m none so brave as I was before, ken?” he said very softly. “Not brave enough to live without ye anymore.”

But brave enough to try.

I drew his head down to me, stroking the tumble of his hair, coarse and smooth at once, live beneath my fingers.

“Lay your head down, man,” I said softly. “It’s a long time ‘til dawn.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Lady Linda, Thank you for the two weeks of wonderful quotes. I have been coming to these boards almost daily for the past ??? I think almost 20 years! To read the QOTD! I think it's my turn to try a week! How do I exactly sign up? I saw the list when I scrolled down but couldn't figure out how to actually do the deed? Anyone? -- Mia, Thu, February 09 2017, 19:15:34

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Mia, just contact forum admin (aka, Judie), and tell her the week you are willing to do. -- Lady Linda, Thu, February 09 2017, 19:56:44

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> There is a link to do that at the top right of the page. -- kgp, Fri, February 10 2017, 11:31:02

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Hi, Mia - send me an email at lallybroch1997@gmail.com -- Judie, Fri, February 10 2017, 12:48:39

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> OK. I have to admit, I'm not even signed up and I'm already nervous!! LOL! And I KNOW that everyone here is so kind. -- Mia, Fri, February 10 2017, 13:48:30

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Good for You, Mia! -- Betsy Barefootspinner, Sun, February 12 2017, 18:23:50

[ Edit | View ]

[> [>
-- Judie, Fri, February 10 2017, 12:47:16

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [>
-- Judie, Fri, February 10 2017, 12:47:36

Last edited by author: Fri, February 10 2017, 12:47:52   Edited 1 time.
[ Edit | View ]

[> Thanks for the week of "Breath" quotes. This one was special to me because we were on a family vacation in Myrtle Beach when it was released. DD and I reserved our copy at their local B & N and that morning left everyone at the beach and sent to get our Books. Got the books, two cups of tea and settled in to read the first couple chapters together. It's weird, but as the Books come out, I've started tearing up as I read each prologue. There is so much emotion and anticipation, it just bowls me over.. -- Kathy in PA, Fri, February 10 2017, 3:46:37

[ Edit | View ]

[> Sorry I haven't been around but those are some powerful quotes. -- LadyDuBois, Fri, February 10 2017, 4:23:07

[ Edit | View ]

[> Beautiful choices - thank you for 2 great weeks of quotes. I appreciate the thought everyone puts into deciding which of DG's amazing lines to share :o) -- lori v, Fri, February 10 2017, 4:53:12

[ Edit | View ]

[> These are two absolutely beautiful quotes! Thank you for your commitment to QOTD!! -- LisaW, Fri, February 10 2017, 9:26:02

[ Edit | View ]

[> To see them leave was so hard. Can't wait to see what happens next. -- kgp, Fri, February 10 2017, 11:32:31

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> It's bearable now because we know they come back. But when they left, it broke my heart. I wanted the whole family together so badly. -- Kathy in PA, Sat, February 11 2017, 7:22:56

[ Edit | View ]

[> I found Jem's conflict here so palpable. Loved Jamie's "Should you meet a verra large mouse named Michael" sweet. -- DianaH, Fri, February 10 2017, 11:34:54

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.