VoyForums

Mon, July 24 2017, 9:47:00 PDTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Fri, February 17 2017, 8:40:55
Author: Piper-Mom
Subject: QOTD for Friday, February 17, 2017.

Today's quote is also from "A Collector's Edition-Selected Excerpts from An Echo in the Bone". by Diana Gabaldon. Copyright 2009

Today, we skip a bit through the story to this:

"Fraser's Ridge
March 1777

The world was dripping. Freshets leapt down the mountains, grass and leaves were wet with dew, and the shingles steamed in the morning sun. Our preparations were made and the passes were clear. There remained only one more thing to do before we could leave.

'Today, d'ye think?' Jamie asked hopefully. He was not a man made for peaceful contemplation; once a course of action was decided upon, he wanted to be acting. Babies, unfortunately, are completely indifferent to both convenience and impatience.

'Maybe,' I said, trying to keep a grip on my own patience. 'Maybe not.'

'I saw her last week, and she looked then as though she was goin' to explode any minute, Auntie,' Ian remarked, handing Rollo the last bite of his muffin. 'Ken those mushrooms? The big round ones? Ye touch one and poof!' He flicked his fingers, scattering muffin crumbs. 'Like that.'"

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Oh, those Scots do have a way with words. Ian's description gives a perfect mind's eye view of how things are. -- Kathy in PA, Sat, February 18 2017, 3:57:18

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Very nice -- LadyDuBois, Sat, February 18 2017, 4:29:01

[ Edit | View ]

[> Ian and Jamie, such men!! -- LisaW, Sat, February 18 2017, 8:56:51

[ Edit | View ]

[> I agree Lisa. How do they think Claire would know if "today" was the day. LOL -- Marcie, Mon, February 20 2017, 8:56:27

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.