VoyForums

Fri, April 28 2017, 20:48:45 PDTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Tue, February 21 2017, 18:13:48
Author: LisaW
Subject: QOTD for Wednesday, February 22, 2017

The following quote is taken from Voyager by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 10 "White Witch's Curse". Copyright (c) 1994 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved

"Clearly neither force nor threat would work in gaining the truth. Reluc-
tantly, he realized that there was only one course open to him, if he still
wished to pursue the gold. He must put aside his feelings about the man and
take Quarry's suggestion. He must pursue an acquaintance, in the course of
which he might worm out of the man some clue that would lead him to the
hidden treasure.
   If it existed, he reminded himself, turning to his prisoner. He took a deep
breath.
   "Mr. Fraser," he said formally, "will you do me the honor to take supper
tomorrow in my quarters?"
   He had the momentary satisfaction of having startled the Scottish bastard,
at least. The blue eyes opened wide, and then Fraser regained the mastery of
his face. He paused for a moment, and then bowed with a flourish, as though
he wore a kilt and swinging plaid, and not damp prison rags.
   "It will be my pleasure to attend ye, Major," he said. "

John Grey will be even more surprised about how much he will come to regard Jamie. First with Respect, then Love, and finally Honor. I can't help but think that these are all feelings we have for Valerie, here at LOL.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I wish I had had the opportunity to dine with her. Peace be with ye, lass. -- kgp, Wed, February 22 2017, 8:08:47

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Perfect quote and explanation, Lisa, in describing Val's place in our heart. And beyond Val, in your commentary any hoser could replace 'Jamie' with 'The Broch or hosers' -- respect grew to love which grew to honor. (Going long >>) -- AngieLass, Wed, February 22 2017, 9:04:58

I was reminded when I first found LOL, lurking and feeling too intimidated to post because the comments were so insightful. Then when I got the courage to post a thought -- and waiting for my 1999 dial up internet -- and watching every darn line of text s-l-o-w-l-y load down my computer screen :D. Then later driving through two states to meet in-person hosers at my first meet up that my relatives still don't totally get, yet my kids (before their first kid hoser meetup) believed Lallybroch was a tangible place (before Starz made it so). My love transformed through the years to now I'm at the honor stage. In thought, text or voice, hardly a day still goes by that I'm not interacting in some way with you people! And my life has been so enriched!Thank you, Judie, hosers and all the Broch elves.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> This is beautiful Angie! I feel the same. -- LisaW, Wed, February 22 2017, 13:32:57

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Aww.... same here. <3 -- Piper-Mom, Wed, February 22 2017, 13:51:44

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> You put the thoughts of me and many other Lally folks into true words. Thank you Angie and that you Lisa for honoring Valerie this week -- Kathy in PA, Thu, February 23 2017, 4:36:44

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Well said Angielass. I too am grateful to LOL, Judie and the other Board Elves. -- TeriB, Thu, February 23 2017, 10:11:59

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.