VoyForums

Wed, October 18 2017, 17:25:14 PDTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, February 27 2017, 15:29:46
Author: CarolSR
Subject: QOTD for Tuesday, February 28, 2017

The following quote is taken from An Echo In The Bone by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 13 Unrest. Copyright © 2009 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“He’d watched her close for several days, seeing her arse round and solid, the dark shadow of her red-haired quim under the thin muslin of her shift when she went to bathe, imagining the thrill of seeing it plain on the night when she’d lie down and open her legs for him.

What was he doing? He couldn’t be thinking of Brianna like that, not lying a dozen feet from her father!

He grimaced and squinched his eyes tight shut, hand slowing as he summoned up a different image from his private library. Not the witch-not tonight.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Those Lallybroch men sure do love a nice arse. :) Question for you - Why would Ian want to bring Geillis to mind? She basically raped the boys and killed many of them. Why use her as stimulation? -- CarolSR, Mon, February 27 2017, 15:36:31

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> I think, at that age, sex itself was enough for a go-to for stimulation. But Geillis probably did something kinky that Ian had never imagined so in spite of her evil, he can't resist revisiting that "strange" sexual encounter. And it takes his mind far away from Bri - totally inappropriate in spite of her sexiness 😧 -- Kathy in PA, Tue, February 28 2017, 3:16:47

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> This sounds like a reasonable explanation. -- Piper-Mom, Tue, February 28 2017, 7:03:32

[ Edit | View ]

[> I thought the witch referred to the Christie girl, Malva -- kgp, Tue, February 28 2017, 7:21:22

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I was going to say he same Karen. I thought the witch was Malva. They had had sex, ad she was young and beautiful, even if she was evil -- LisaW, Tue, February 28 2017, 9:55:30

[ Edit | View ]

[> That's interesting. I never pictured Malva when I read this passage. I dont remember her being referred to as a witch...evil definitely. That's what makes this group interesting, different points of view, different interpretations, giving you one of those "hmmmm" moments. -- CarolSR, Tue, February 28 2017, 15:17:42

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I'm losing my timeline. Had all that with Malva already happened? The only person I remember thinking she was a witch was her father. Although I did, when she made a play for Jamie! -- Kathy in PA, Wed, March 01 2017, 4:09:57

[ Edit | View ]

[> I always thought the "witch" referred to Geillis too. How much did we know about Malva at this point? (Sorry, can't do the timeline in my head just now.) Ian flips back in his image catalog much the way a person might a well-thumbed (pun intended!) skin magazine. While some of the images may have been disturbing, they may have been stimulating as well for a young man. -- DianaH, Wed, March 01 2017, 11:29:09

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.