VoyForums

Mon, August 21 2017, 20:44:41 PDTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Thu, March 02 2017, 18:54:06
Author: CarolSR
Subject: QOTD for Friday, March 3, 2017

The following quote is taken from An Echo In The Bone by Diana Gabaldon, Chapter 89 Ink Stained Wretch. Copyright © 2009 by Diana Gabaldon. All rights reserved.

“My dearest Claire,

Ian is dead. It has been ten days since the Event, and I thought I should now be able to write calmly. Yet to see those Words written on the Page just now smote me with the most unexpected Grief. Tears are running down the sides of my Nose, and I was forced to stop to mop my Face with a Handkerchief before continuing. It was not an easy Death and I should be relieved that Ian is now at Peace, and glad for his Translation into Heaven. So I am. But I am also desolate, in a Way that I have never been before. Only the Thought of being able to confide in you, my Soul, gives me Comfort.”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I miss Ian, Sr. :( -- CarolSR, Thu, March 02 2017, 18:54:47

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> So sad for Jamie to lose Ian, Sr. And to know that Ian suffered is so hard to read about. *sigh* -- Marcie, Thu, March 02 2017, 20:52:11

[ Edit | View ]

[> As we progressed through the books I was so joyful at the close relationship that these two wonderful achieved after their "somewhat strained" start....I really liked the loyal honest man Ian Sr was and would have -- Aussiewench, Thu, March 02 2017, 21:34:30

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Grrrrrr another stuff up......as I was saying ...I would have liked to see more of Ian throughout the story -- Aussiewench, Thu, March 02 2017, 21:36:19

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Just shaking my head at my rushed mistakes.....two wonderful women -- AW, Thu, March 02 2017, 21:37:56

[ Edit | View ]

[> His Best friend gone, only Claire could give him the comfort he needs to get through such a moment in his life. -- LisaW, Fri, March 03 2017, 9:44:44

[ Edit | View ]

[> Ian's death made me sob. Jamie has suffered such loss, and Ian just seemed like one too many. -- Lady_Jane, Sat, March 04 2017, 10:05:58

[ Edit | View ]

[> Heartbreaking! -- Piper-Mom, Sat, March 04 2017, 15:09:32

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.