VoyForums

Mon, August 21 2017, 20:44:37 PDTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Mon, March 06 2017, 4:28:41
Author: Swarl
Subject: QOTD for Monday, March 6, 2017 The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Ch.3. In Which the Women, as Usual Pick Up The Pieces, Copyright 2014 by Diana Gabaldon. All Rights Reserved.

Merde on toast,” Mrs. Figg murmured. She turned abruptly to me, her small black-currant eyes still narrowed. “Where’s his lordship?”
“Ah,” I said. This was going to be rather sticky, I saw. While deeply disapproving of most people, Mrs. Figg was devoted to John. She wasn't going to be at all pleased to hear that he’s been abducted by –
“For that matter, where’s my brother?” Jenny inquired, glancing around as though expecting Jamie to appear suddenly out from under the settee.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Ah, yes, where are they indeed? Lucy, I mean Claire, you got some splainin' to do! -- DianaH, Mon, March 06 2017, 9:07:30

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> My first reading of Claire and Johns marriage shocked me....took me a long time adjusting....I would imagine Jamie's shock would be huge....the fact that he didn't kill John IMO speaks volumes on his respect for John and maybe a small amount of appreciation that John looked after Claire when they thought Jamie was dead....mer Figg and Jennie wouldn't know but Claire knew both men and knew even though they had disappeared ..all would work out in the end.... -- Aussiewench, Mon, March 06 2017, 12:01:02

[ Edit | View ]

[> Very interesting how this situation played out -- LadyDuBois, Tue, March 07 2017, 2:55:59

[ Edit | View ]

[> I was shocked by the marriage! I understand though, if it were for Claire's protection...but one out of grieving... hmmm. -- Piper-Mom, Tue, March 07 2017, 6:33:36

Last edited by author: Tue, March 07 2017, 6:34:14   Edited 1 time.
[ Edit | View ]

[> I've been saying Merde on Toast every since I read this quote. So funny. -- Marcie, Tue, March 07 2017, 18:54:47

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.