VoyForums

Mon, December 18 2017, 10:40:34 PSTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Tue, March 07 2017, 5:31:14
Author: Swarl
Subject: QOTD for Tuesday, March 7, 2017 The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Ch.6. Under My Protection, Copyright 2014 by Diana Gabaldon All Rights Reserved.

I love the combination of passion and humor that DG brings to her characters as she takes us through dramatic moment after dramatic moment. This week will illustrate this lovely balance of desperate caring and humor.

I dropped the locking pin into its slot with an instant’s satisfaction and straightened up to find Fergus’s eldest son, Germain, standing by my side.
“Have ye got a bit of trouble started again, Grand-mere?” he asked, unperturbed by the stones – now augmented with clumps of fresh manure – whizzing past our heads.
“You might say so, yes,” I said. “Don't - “
But before I could speak further, he turned round and bellowed at the crowd, in a surprisingly loud voice, “THIS’S MY GRANNIE. You touch ONE HAIR on her head and – ” . . . . . “and I’ll do you BROWN!” Germain yelled. “Aye, I mean YOU, Shecky Loew! And you, too, Joe Grume!”

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Love it!!! He sure loves his grand-mere! -- Piper-Mom, Tue, March 07 2017, 6:32:08

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> So sweet the way Germain steps up for his Grandmother. And calls some of the scoundrels by name so that they KNOW he knows who they are! -- Marcie, Tue, March 07 2017, 18:51:17

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.