VoyForums

Wed, October 18 2017, 17:25:03 PDTVoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: Tue, March 07 2017, 17:50:56
Author: Swarl
Subject: QOTD for Wednesday, March 8, 2017 The following quote is taken from Written in My Own Heart’s Blood by Diana Gabaldon, Ch.7. The Unintended consequences of Ill-Considered Actions, Copyright 2014 by Diana Gabaldon All Rights Reserved.

An odd hump day quote, to be sure. BEG

I have had carnal knowledge of your wife.”
“You bugger, “ he whispered, clutching the reins with a reflexive violence that made the horse jerk its head, startled. “Why? Why did ye tell me that, ye bugger!”
And the second answer came belatedly, but as clearly as the first: Because she’d tell me, the minute she had a chance, And he kent that fine. He thought if I’d do violence when I heard, best I do it to him.
Aye, she would have told him. He swallowed. And she will tell me. What might he say – or do – when she did?
He was trembling again and had slowed inadvertently, so the horse was nearly at a walk, head turning from side to side as it snuffed the air.
It’s nay her fault. I know that. It’s nay her fault. They’d thought him dead. He knew what that abyss looked like; he’d lived there for a long while.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Poor Jamie has a mighty struggle going on in his head and his heart. He _does_ know what it's like, all too well. And he still just wants to pound something! -- Marcie, Tue, March 07 2017, 18:52:53

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Good thing Lord John an Jamie were friends -- LadyDuBois, Wed, March 08 2017, 3:32:08

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> And no matter how Jamie felt now, besides being friends, he KNEW John was a man of honor. There had to be some plausible explanation, although he sure didn't want to hear it. But isn't a beautiful thought that Jamie also knew Claire would tell him. What very, very special love and trust. -- Kathy in PA, Wed, March 08 2017, 3:52:51

[ Edit | View ]

[> In the lines just before this quote DG makes it clear that Jamie is also struggling with PTSD, because of what John told him. Marvelously multi-layered. -- Swarl, Wed, March 08 2017, 6:17:15

[ Edit | View ]

[> That's a shocker, for sure! -- Piper-Mom, Wed, March 08 2017, 8:57:34

[ Edit | View ]

[> His calm mind tells him a very different story then his emotional mind. John is an honorable man, but Jamie is very protective of his woman. -- LisaW, Wed, March 08 2017, 13:12:32

[ Edit | View ]

[> So honourable of John to tell Jamie first so he would take the brunt of Jamie's anger.....even tho Jamie angry ,he knew both John and Claire thought he was dead and at the bottom of it all...John was protecting Claire because of the unusual but strong and honourable relationship between the two men ...great writing as always -- Aussiewench, Thu, March 09 2017, 20:09:44

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

* Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.