VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3] ]
Subject: Re: cheap alternative to infrared film

Author:
KennyB
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 23:29:58 02/15/03 Sat
In reply to: Trevor 's message, "cheap alternative to infrared film" on 22:31:19 01/26/03 Sun

Hey there Trevor,
I have some questions for you concerning the use of the gameboy camera as a replacement for infrared film. Fist off, any 35 mm camera can use infrared film. The only case in which you would need a special camera is for those thermal video cameras by companies such as FLIR. They do basically the same thing as infrared film, except in color.
I believe the gameboy take regular photos. Even though it says it uses infrared to take pictures, doesn't mean it takes infrared photographs. Night vision video cameras and goggles use infrared LIGHT to illuminate the area.
Infrared photos show hot and cold, the main reason it's used by investigators.
I suggest reading the entire section of the paperwork about the gameboy camera, then get back to me.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:
Subject Author Date
Re: cheap alternative to infrared filmBrad07:26:29 03/10/03 Mon

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.