VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123 ]
Subject: Re: Curiosity

Author:
Peggy McMillan
[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 18:34:45 12/09/12 Sun
In reply to: Jim Hughes 's message, "Curiosity" on 13:11:27 07/14/12 Sat

>I love watching the different paranomal investigating
>shows that come on television, and; I am somewhat of a
>sceptic. According to the Bible, it says that "to be
>absent from the body, is to be present with the LORD".
>It makes me wonder as how a disembodied spirit can
>roam (haunt) a specific location, when it is preached
>that a saved person goes to heaven & a lost person
>goes to hell. Therefore, I would love to take up the
>challenge and go into these "HAUNTED PLACES", and see
>for myself. Its funny to me how Catholics are always
>at the center of these "GHOST / POLTERGEIST"
>encounters. Being an independent baptist myself, I
>would LOVE to see what would happen if a true born
>again Christian were to walk into an actual haunted
>house and start singing songs like; "Victory in
>JESUS". I wonder how long the ghost would stay there
>after that? Wouldn't that be a sight for television?
>Think of the story head-line: "GHOST FLEE FROM
>CHRISTIAN IN HAUNTED HOUSE". Kinda funny isn't it? Hello, Jim. First, as a devoted Baptist, I'd like to comment on your Biblical reference. This passage is referring to one's focus on their own fleshly desires, (The Body), as opposed to God's, (The Lord). When one focuses on their own desires, rather than the Lord's, one is putting distance between them and the Lord. But, when one focuses on the Lord, instead of their own desires, they are bringing themselves close to the Lord. So, to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. It is not literal. Also, the Bible speaks of how all of us will go to a waiting place, after we die, and will remain there until the Lord returns to judge us. Some believe that those spirits they feel among us, are some of those waiting souls. Good and bad. Because until we have been judged by the Lord, in the end, none are in heaven or hell. Simply waiting. Secondly, I want to address the remark about Catholics always being at the center of those haunting. Those of the Catholic faith have always been involved in these type of events, because the Bible says that there are demons among us, and that we, as Christians, have the power and the responsibility of driving them out of this world. And, The Catholic Church takes this responsibility very seriously! Plus, to assume that to be Catholic is to not be a true, born again Christian, is a mistake! "Judge not lest ye be judged. For whatsoever you judge others with, you will be judged with, as well!" I am a True, Born Again, Baptist who has experienced many incidents of paranormal circumstance. And, I can tell you that singing a hymn does not intimidate demons! Only Sincere and Fervent Prayer are going to get you through a, truly, haunted house! Perhaps you should spend more time studying the scripture and less time judging others!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (required):

* Type your message here:

Choose Message Icon: [ View Emoticons ]

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.