>
VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Sun, May 22, 12:34:36pmLogin ] [ Main index ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]2 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:33:47 08/14/11 Sun
Author: jayn
Subject: Book 8 Excerpt

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> The spoiler is inside. It's from Roger's time in the past.>>>>> -- jayn, 15:38:06 08/14/11 Sun

I can't begin to say this as well as Diana but, in a very rough paraphrase, Roger is in the past, he has arrived at Lallybroch and the door is opened by a man who says "Hi, I'm Brian Fraser'.

The whole room gasped.

I got thinking, though. When we last saw Roger he was with Buck, they had just found Roger's dad Jerry and helped him get back to our time. This was a few years after Culloden. When Roger gets to Lallybroch and meets Brian must be before Culloden, which means Roger has travelled a second time, but gone further back.

Cue spooky music.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> roger -- Cathy Walker, 15:57:40 08/18/11 Thu

I'm sorry, but I missed the part where Buck & Roger meet up with Jerry. Where did that come from?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> "A Leaf on the Wind of All Hallows," a short story featuring Roger's parents. It was published in Songs of Love and Death, an anthology edited by George R.R. Martin and Gardner Dozois. Release date: November 16, 2010. -- TerriC, 09:03:23 09/12/11 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> Where did you find that? -- Aine, 13:44:47 08/16/11 Tue

But, how do we know its *that* Brian Fraser? Surely in 200+ years somebody would name a kid after Black Brian?

Or, maybe its just that I would love to know what happened to the family at Lallybroch that it was empty for so long.....

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Herself read the excerpt at Fergus! -- LollyS, 19:07:14 08/17/11 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> Brian -- Bingob2, 15:29:38 08/24/11 Wed

I read the part with the dog...made me thing of Jamie and his brother in Ellen's painting, with the dog.

[ Edit | View ]

[> New Excerpt on DianaGabaldon.com -- Kathryn, 15:20:36 08/26/11 Fri

There is a new excerpt on DianaGabaldon.com regarding Roger in the past.

[ Edit | View ]

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.