VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 04:36:21 04/26/15 Sun
Author: kgp
Subject: I think you're bang on. Jenny was welcoming to Jamie and glad to have him home once they cleared up the misunderstanding, helping him prepare for his debut as laird in the book. Jenny was bitchy and calling Claire a trollop before even being introduced was low. Jamie was portrayed as 'playing laird' and making grand gestures that he would not have made as he took his responsibility as steward very seriously. There was a review that put some perspective on it and maybe it will play out. The graveyard scene and the scene at the mill somewhat redeemed the episode. Anyone know why the captcha is active on this board now? I'm signed in.
In reply to: Shadow 's message, "Episode 112: Lallybroch" on 19:51:30 04/25/15 Sat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> oh - and little BJR's floppy debut was very interesting. -- kgp, 04:37:39 04/26/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I am so mad that male frontal nudity and penis view is for a rape scene and not a love scene...what we don't get it that he can't get it up and you have to show us that??? PLEASE!! Ridiculous! If we are going to get male frontal nudity it should be for some of the wonderful sex Diana wrote as part of a marriage -- BetsyG, 06:42:40 04/26/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Well, now I disagree. We have plenty of gratuitous female nudity and I thought this was a nice bit of casual male nudity that enhanced the story and played up the ugliness of the encounter. Brilliantly photographed with subtle lighting, it was still shocking. BIG Kudos to Tobias for being so into the role that he was comfortable with it. I don't feel that I am entitled to see anyone's naughty bits if they don't want to display them and if Sam wants to keep his to himself, I respect his choice. Some of his fans so rabid that itís understandable that he might want to keep his private bits private. And Iíd add that I donít need a graphic visual of every love scene in the books at this point. Unless it actually contributes to the story, fade to black is fine with me. -- Shadow, 12:35:59 04/26/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> I have a feeling we'll be seeing much more of Little Jack than we really want to in the coming episode. -- kgp, 09:54:51 04/27/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> I'm not sure how they can do it in a love scene... I mean, we know in the books Jamie is always ready for it. We'd have to see him in need of the blue pill, because I don't think it's reasonable to ask Sam to rise up (ahem) to the task -- it wouldn't be comfortable for him, and much less for Cait, I don't think. In fact, IMO, the sexier scene so far was in 1x11, with both of them fully clothed. It was very tender and beautifully done, and all we saw was a bit of Cait's thigh and the expression on their faces. -- Rita, 14:40:17 04/26/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.