VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:13:18 04/26/15 Sun
Author: BetsyG
Subject: Not much to disagree with Shadow.I wanted peacefulness that Claire and Jaime find at Lallybroch and DG imparts in O and they spent so much time on the angst that we didn't ever get that except for 30 seconds at the end. We missed Claire schooled by Jenny in the running of the estate which is important for her 18th century education.I get that they had to advance the show but this ep felt more like advancing it at the cost of the book in many ways. I guess I am too invested in my favorite novel. I am taking deep breaths now because we get less episodes for DIA. I do believe Connelly as Jenny now.I wish we had seen her sweeter side, I wish Ellen's portrait had the pearls I wish for a sweet married sex scene either in that bed or out in fields, and I wish we had seen the red underwear. But I was grateful for the reason I married you scene, the graveyard scene with Jenny and Jaime and the adaptation of the Ian tale of marrying Jenny to Claire, all worked well with this Outlander.
In reply to: Shadow 's message, "Episode 112: Lallybroch" on 19:51:30 04/25/15 Sat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I also thought Jenny came across as too bitchy. I had a quick re-read of the relevant chapter this morning and she simply wasn't that nasty. I still enjoyed watching the episode, but if you asked me to order the episodes in order of preference this would be my least favourite. The whole tone of the family reunion was different to the books. Jamie's return to Lallybroch is one of my favourite parts of Outlander as he finds some peace and happiness as he quickly settles back into being Laird. It was a far easier process in the books than it was last night. But hey ho! I'm still enjoying the series, but I was taken by surprised at the difference in tone between the series and the book. -- albion, 07:51:12 04/26/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.