VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:27:47 05/01/15 Fri
Author: conmama
Subject: Well, I just watched it for a 2nd time yesterday and like the portrayal of Jamie in less. I think what he said that struck me as really odd the first time, and more so this time, is when Jenny had the maids move her things from the Laird's room. Claire said "no", but Jamie says so cocky, "well I am the Laird". so UN-Jamie-like. Yeah, I understand what they were attempting to do with this episode, but they didn't need to change his fundamental personality to create tension and stress at the homecoming. I still think Jenny and Ian are cast beautifully. I also didn't like the "I love you" scene at the windowsill...seemed forced.
In reply to: Shadow 's message, "Episode 112: Lallybroch" on 19:51:30 04/25/15 Sat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I read somewhere, maybe compuserve?, that DG responded to the complaints about this episode by saying that in the book, we are getting everything from Claire's point of view and Claire is in love with Jamie and so may not see him in the same way as others. This means it is entirely possible that he could have been acting like an arrogant ass in the eyes of others, but Claire just didn't view it that way. -- Colly, 13:55:47 05/04/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.