VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:56:26 05/03/15 Sun
Author: M&M
Subject: I don't think I was taking so much with the last two, I can't put my finger on way but nothing grabbed me. Sam and his eyes darting is wearing on me a bit. I love it but the second is not doing what the first half did but I haven't watched with podcast either yet.
In reply to: swarl 's message, "Well I thought this one was terrific. I love the life in Lallybroch. The way they condensed the story makes lots of sense and we got many of our favorite lines. Plus, the camera work was fabulous." on 19:17:14 05/02/15 Sat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Well, I'm glad you said something because I haven't been enjoying these last few episodes that much either. I find myself feeling disappointed when it's over. I think they are doing as good of a job as anyone could, but I find that SH expressions are limited and he does the same 5 or so over and over and over (I know what you mean about the darting eyes). I think Catriona has much more variation in her acting. She does seem sweeter than Book Claire, but so much of what we read is Book Claire's thoughts. My own thoughts many times are harsher and more judgeental than my outright behavior and actions. DH never read the books, but is watching the show with me. He loves the scenery, but finds the show OK, but a bit slow. Personally, I'm not sure I would have kept watching it if I wasn't an Outlander fan already. -- conmama, 05:13:36 05/04/15 Mon

Some things they say just don't work as well on the screen as they do reading it. For instance..Jenny explaining what it feels like to be pregnant. Starts out making sense, then ends with talking about a man's orgasm inside you. Huh? I'd be scratching my head listening to that for the first time. Didn't work for me.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I posted inside, too. -- conmama, 05:14:08 05/04/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Me too. I'm not losing myself in the series. Not sure what it is. Maybe it's too apparent they are acting. I was concerned about this when first I heard they were going to do a series/movie/whatever. My first reaction was not to watch but then it was how can I not. I've always been a "book" Claire fan but I'm not so much a "series" Claire fan....JMHO. -- CarolE, 09:58:09 05/06/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.