VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:39:58 05/05/15 Tue
Author: Rita
Subject: Probably because Jamie's characterization has been so off since ep. 1x12. Before that one, we had too little Jamie, and now we have wrong Jamie :) I do enjoy the series and will keep on watching, but I must confess episode 1x12 with Jamie as a stupid, arrogant and incompetent laird, made me wary. Things were a bit better in 1x13, but still, I don't think Jamie would get into a pointless brawl with the Watch men ("A man has to choose what's worth fighting for", remember, oh ye Outlander series writers?) nor fall for such an obvious trap in his own backyard. They only caught him because he was betrayed. Having said this, I do think Sam does wonders with the little he's been handed so far.
In reply to: PD 's message, "I had an odd reaction to this episode, the whole time I watched I was seeing Sam and not Jamie. I don't know why this has happened now. I've only watched it once so maybe can figure this out on review." on 07:39:57 05/05/15 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> Agree. Not sure where our Jamie is? What's up with these writers? -- conmama, 07:02:14 05/06/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I think part of the problem is the sequence in which scenes were actually shot. To be efficient and to save money and time they need to do all the Lallybroch externals in a sweep, all the interiors on a sound stage at some other time, be mindful of the actors' other contract obligations and time constraints. Since they needed Lallybroch exterior in ep 1x2 they would have had to jump ahead to film the others needed for later in the season. -- kgp, 07:39:57 05/06/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.