VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:46:35 05/06/15 Wed
Author: LadyBlair
Subject: i enjoyed watching the episode, don't have a lot of detail to add. It definitely is a separate entity from the books, as Matt Roberts said it's the same DNA. I only have time to listen to 1 podcast and that's Ron's--he is definitely all about the action and what looks good on tv---I know the women associated with the show, Merill (sp?) Davis, Terry D all fight for scenes and dialogue, lets hope they continue because the original story is the best, IMHO.
In reply to: swarl 's message, "Well I thought this one was terrific. I love the life in Lallybroch. The way they condensed the story makes lots of sense and we got many of our favorite lines. Plus, the camera work was fabulous." on 19:17:14 05/02/15 Sat

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I think I'm in the minority that I'm not looking forward to the Wentworth scenes, cut not for the reason you think. I just feel so much of J&C and their relationship (which is WHY I read the books) is overshadowed by BJR/Jamie. Yes, those scenes were good, but Ron seems to have gone overboard on that and other scenes and neglected the heart of the story. I feel we have, what...3 shows left...now yet ANOTHER one devoted to BJR. They really really needed to have one episode at Lallybroch with J&C and lots of dialogue. It didn't have to be slow and boring..they could have made it interesting, and show us how they became closer and closer. -- conmama, 09:33:49 05/07/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> good point - but I think it might hinge on how they manage the Wentworth episode. Will it be real-time or mostly in flashback as Jamie relates it to Claire at the Abbey. They've had a lot to cover and though I've been disappointed by some of the rewriting I understand they have to 'make television' and consider viewers who have not read The Book. I was talking to friends last night who are new to the series - they love The Books but have given up on the show. -- kgp, 11:14:59 05/07/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.