VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:58:09 05/09/15 Sat
Author: kgp
Subject: episode 1x14

Much better.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I liked Murtagh & Claire's road trip. The gypsy was an interesting & new character. Douglal was a plotting & creepy character tonight. -- Gina-C, 19:06:15 05/09/15 Sat

Last edited by author: Sat May 09, 2015 19:09:25   Edited 1 time.

[ Edit | View ]

[> I do wish I could watch it on TV in the UK!!! -- isisgms (Sigh), 03:36:05 05/10/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I really loved this episode! So many people complaining about it being boring and not liking Claire singing. Claire and Murtaugh sang in the book but there wasn't a lot of detail to that part so maybe that is why. So much dialogue straight from the book....and a much needed calm before the storm -- Colly, 06:59:52 05/10/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I did think they could have shortened the traveling/searching scenes and gotten to Dougal a bit quicker and I'm not sure why Claire gave all the rent money to the gypsy dude but it was much closer to what I imagine from the book. Almost dreading next week. It was good to see Murtagh and Claire build a relationship and get his back story. -- kgp, 08:29:10 05/10/15 Sun

Last edited by author: Sun May 10, 2015 08:29:51   Edited 1 time.

[ Edit | View ]

[> I really liked this episode. Wow is Murtagh dance-impaired! LOL! -- Lady Linda, 14:42:38 05/10/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I liked the episodes, there wasn't really anything I didn't like in this episode. As I've posted before, I'm a BIG picture person and refuse to split hairs line by line with the book as this is an adaptation. I recognize everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I'm at the point now I'm not following long threads of complaints and whines and moans. The cast is so talented and I know for the crew this is a labor of love. Not looking forward to Episode 15 & 16, but will see it through. -- LadyBlair, 17:48:57 05/10/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I enjoy the analysis and comparisons. Seeing how the adaptation gets to the actual point and checking the differences in character interpretation is fun. -- kgp, 12:58:29 05/14/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> I was so happy to see the return of Murtagh! I liked his scenes with Claire and especially the scene when he talks about his love and loss of Ellen MacKenzie. Dougal continues to be a puzzle...and a snake. I have to admit that I thought the multiple scenes of Claire and Murtagh on horseback got tedious, at least for me. With Jamie about to be hanged, wouldnt you ride like the wind to get to Wentworth, hopefully devising your plan on the way? I am one who loves the emotional chapters and I loved Wentworth in the book. I hope they do it justice. I've enjoyed the tv series but have to admit the last couple of episiodes werent my favorites. -- CarolSR, 05:49:45 05/11/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> But they didn't know he was about to be hanged - they still thought he'd escaped. As soon as Dougal told them where Jamie was, they got to Wentworth. -- Lady-Jane, 13:44:02 05/11/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I like it, especially Claire's singing and how she and Murtagh became closer. I enjoyed her and Jenny searching for Jamie and their whole interaction, especially Jenny kissing Claire's cheek. -- conmama, 07:22:36 05/11/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I liked this episode. Maybe the singing montage was a bit too long. Yet, I haven't felt the need to re-watch it yet. Not even for Murtagh -- Duncan Lacroix was wonderful. I'm hoplessly in this ship for Jamie's sake, I guess :) -- Rita, 14:14:17 05/11/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.