VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:00:38 05/17/15 Sun
Author: Swarl
Subject: Well, I'm. To watching that one again!! Menzies was brilliant and chilling,

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Whoops. I meant to type "I'm Not watching it again" -- Swarl, 05:03:05 05/17/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> Seriously right! as the replay started I said turn it off ...bad dreams! That scene with the 3 of them together - brilliantly acted...brilliantly scripted, brilliantly staged, and directed. I kept looking at the elements like lighting etc loved it. (although I do think some of the sets were recycled and could tell that) Sir Fletcher office --kitchen fireplace?) -- BetsyG, 05:23:58 05/17/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I watched twice, this one didn't upset at all, I think it's next week's that will do it. I'm glad they left the wolves out, I would of had a harder time with the wolf killing. -- M&M, 08:00:30 05/17/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> I watched it twice, and will watch it again. Outstanding episode. Sam was so Jamie. He had little dialogue in this episode, but his eyes and posture said it all. -- Rita, 09:46:36 05/17/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> 1x15 -- StCaecilia, 13:01:12 05/17/15 Sun

I thought this episode was absolutely brilliant! Glad I read the books before I saw the show though, because I knew when to turn away from the tv screen during the nightmarish bits. So very glad the show picked up the slack from the last 2 episodes. And in such an epic way! Although, it might just be that us fans don't really like to see Jamie and Claire be too happily-ever-after...

[ Edit | View ]

[> I watched it 3x, may watch it one more time, not as bad as it was hyped all week. Not only do I admire the actors performances, I appreciate the crew from RDM on down, such a labor of love. We all should be so fortunate to have jobs we love with so much passion. -- LadyBlair, 18:57:13 05/17/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> This was my favorite episode by far. Not so much because of the content, but because it's the first episode where I didn't see actors on screen. Instead I saw the characters - like really saw them and was lost in story. Hope the season finale is half as good as this episode. -- Scarlet A, 21:03:57 05/17/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I know exactly what you mean about not seeing the actors but the characters. It was so well done! I still had to close my eyes during the hand smashing and nail bit. You know...I watch the Walking Dead without flinching, but this was just SO REAL! The acting was amazing by all. I have to say that I'm more and more impressed with Catriona's acting as the series has progressed. -- conmama, 05:31:21 05/18/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Me too!!! Damn, I intensely dislike Black Jack!!! Menzies is brilliant! -- CarolE, 16:14:12 05/20/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> This episode exceeded everything I thought it might be. But, for me, the most sobering thing was Jamie's face at the end of the episode versus his face at the beginning. Simply broke my heart. -- Lady Linda, 09:43:40 05/18/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> and kudos to the special effects/make up groups for his hand -- kgp, 15:30:31 05/18/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> I need to watch it again. I thought it was extremely well done and all three were superb, especially Sam. I'm still haunted. Murtagh picking up Claire and carrying her also broke my heart. I can see he loves her like a daughter after their time on the road. I loved Angus and Rupert playing cards and bringing a bit of relief into the episode. The nod to the wolf via howling in the distance was chilling - I thought they might actually have Claire face a wolf. the scene with Sir Fletcher were just right - Claire trying to hold her shit together when he gave her the box started me crying. -- kgp, 13:05:39 05/18/15 Mon

Last edited by author: Mon May 18, 2015 13:09:43   Edited 1 time.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Late to the party, having just watched the episode today, but am I the only one who caught BJR's "Brutus falling on his sword" reference when he was in Jamie's cell and proposed how Jamie might do himself in? Tobias Menzies played Marcus Junius Brutus, uh, yes, that Brutus, in the 2005-2007 series "Rome" that was on HBO in the US. He delivered that line without so much as a smirk. -- Joyce Mc, 15:09:48 05/18/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> NO you were not the only one! M&M pointed it out first! How brilliant was that! I wonder if it was the writers or Tobias that added that bit...there was also a King Arthur reference as he came down the stairs the first time about pulling the sword out of the stone...makes me wonder if one of them did Camelot at some point?? -- BetsyG, 05:38:46 05/19/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> Still haunted - how did they do that hand sequence! -- isisgms (In tears), 23:58:44 05/18/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> animatronic prosthetic - Sam's hand was under the table. That should get an Emmy as well as the actors. Tobias mentioned it in an interview I think or I read it on Tumblr. -- kgp, 10:41:50 05/19/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> I watched the first time with my eyes half shut in apprehension. After all the hype I was afraid events would be portrayed more graphically. I will be watching again to fully appreciate the incredible acting by all involved. -- Wee, 04:48:02 05/19/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Hand was mechanical with blood pouch. Sam's hand was under the table. My info gleaned from, literally, hours reading about the episode, trying to get courage to watch it with Moore's commentary. Hard to do. -- Swarl, 05:45:48 05/19/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> sorry - didn't see your answer -- kgp, 10:42:39 05/19/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> It was so engrossing with no actors in sight; Sam was Jamie so completely. When BJR licked Jamie's back, it was so darkly lascivious. -- PD, 07:30:51 05/19/15 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.