VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:24:00 05/31/15 Sun
Author: FloraMac
Subject: I was blown away by Tobias and Sam, from the first panning back of naked Jamie and then you realize BJR is there behind him. Gut-wrenching! That said--I wish they stayed in that dark place for longer--the saving Jamie's soul bit felt so rushed to me!! After watching him suffer so that he wanted to die (brilliant Sam!!) I felt like it was 2 minutes later that he was saying "alright, that's sorted then" I was hoping for more of the struggle! Oh, well. All in all, a decent adaptation, though so uneven for me. Can't wait to see who they cast as Roger and Bree, and how they handle DIA.
In reply to: Shadow 's message, "Episode 116 To Ransom a Man's Soul" on 22:19:48 05/29/15 Fri

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> I agree, I wish they had shown more of Claire pulling him back and dealing with it all. I was blown away by it, thoug. Fantastic episode and I enjoyed the adaptation. I enjoyed her talking to the priest but was surprised it didn't inclue the husband conversation. Not sure why that had that scene, does anyone understand? Sam and Tobias were just fantastic. Ok..Ii have to confession was a wee bit disappointed in not seeing Jamie full frontal like BJR. -- Conmama, 09:31:03 05/31/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I too, felt there was not enough time spent on that part. They wrestled on the floor for a few seconds, Claire said a few things, and boom, Jamie's all better. It was an absolutely amazing episode, but could have been so much better, with a few more minutes spent on that part. As well as the scene with Father Anselm...just a few more minutes to flesh out that conversation a bit more. So wish they could have had about a half hour more. -- Colly, 09:55:51 05/31/15 Sun

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I agree - the healing felt too rushed to me (but several of the other important parts of the series did too, for me). I was happy that they included Claire's confession w/Br Anslem...should have had more of that type of material...it didn't/couldn't happen so quick. -- MaryJ, 19:58:39 06/05/15 Fri

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.