VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:51:26 06/01/15 Mon
Author: Swarl
Subject: I watched it again last night with Rob's commentary. Go inside for my understanding as of now:
In reply to: Shadow 's message, "Episode 116 To Ransom a Man's Soul" on 22:19:48 05/29/15 Fri

If you think of the arc of the plot for the next two books, this scene had to be truly awful. It stays alive in Jamie even after Culloden, and determines what happens in DIA.
If you look at the boat scene again, Jamie is not 'recovered', he is the walking wounded,. He's willing to keep living, but with no great enthusiasm.
Usually the full Monty would be jarring for me, but in this case, Tobias walking towards us was simply what happened next. I agree it could have easily been otherwise, but it didn't seem gratuitous. However, they had to work camera angles to keep Sam's modesty. Glorious camera angles of an amazing bod,. And hadn't he already shown us enuf of his soul?
Father Anselm gives Claire some peace, so she can continue. It wasn't woven in as well as it might have been. One line to the other Monk about sitting with Mary would have made it all much clearer , since her faith had not been mentioned.
Also, I like the regimental stuff at the beginning. It was easy to forget that this horror was going on inside a barracks and thwt BJR was part of that regimentation . Great contrast
Droughltlwnder has begun. Where do we vote for Emmys?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Agreed - the contrast with 'normal' daylight on the outside with the f***ed-up darkness on the inside was stirring. -- kgp, 07:40:50 06/01/15 Mon

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.