VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:45:38 06/03/15 Wed
Author: Rita
Subject: I felt disappointed by the finale, even after I rewatched it. I would cut the "confession" (chopped up as it was, and done to a stranger, its meaning is lost), and if necessary the branding could go too (its removal accompanied by a jaunty tune made me cringe - the sole bad note in an otherwise wonderful score), and would include the bit where BJR cries and begs Jamie to tell him "I love you" (PIVOTAL moment IMO), and definitely expand on the healing process -- felt flat and rushed and like it was all about what Claire was feeling, not Jamie. The actors did wonders with the (IMO) mediocre writing in that part of the episode. But all in all, we got a good season. May the 2nd be as good.
In reply to: Shadow 's message, "I have now seen the episode several times. I have also read several reviews as well as a host of other peopleís comments and complaints. I think that within the constraints of time and money that Ron and company have given us an amazing addition to the marvel that is Dianaís epic book. It is not the book and can never be the book. Thatís okay. Going long. Best step inside >>>" on 23:53:01 06/02/15 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> They couldn't cut the branding or the removal of the brand. It's needed for season 2. That business sets up Jamie's emotional break in Paris (with Fergus) and precipitates the duel. And I, for one, liked the faster music when the brand was removed. It's "running away music" and defines a change in emotional tone. It gave voice to the idea that with the excision of the brand Jamie has agreed to move forward and that their first priority is flight from Scotland. I noticed it was the same music that was used in episode 101 when Claire first heard the gunfire after coming through the stones. I agree about the Father Anselm scene---choppy and inadequate, but maybe they will pay that off next season as well. Maybe. -- Shads, 12:44:31 06/03/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> I'd forgotten about that sequitur in DIA! You're right. Unless they don't do that bit in DIA... who knows? I watched again and the music still didn't seat well with me. But that's the only bit. All the rest of Bear McCreary's score for all episodes is wonderful. -- Rita, 11:58:58 06/04/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.