VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:39:45 06/03/15 Wed
Author: Debra Mc
Subject: I too think they have not focused on the religious overtones of the books, which is disappointing. Maybe when they lose the baby in Season 2, it will come into play. I agree with you that the decisions made were sound. This was a defining moment in Jamie's life that reverberates for the rest of his life. And the healing didn't happen in those last few minutes - it has only just begun. I need to re-read DIA this summer!
In reply to: Shadow 's message, "I have now seen the episode several times. I have also read several reviews as well as a host of other peopleís comments and complaints. I think that within the constraints of time and money that Ron and company have given us an amazing addition to the marvel that is Dianaís epic book. It is not the book and can never be the book. Thatís okay. Going long. Best step inside >>>" on 23:53:01 06/02/15 Tue

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> I don't think they will ever focus on the religious aspects of the book in depth, just because it's TV. -- M&M, 20:17:24 06/03/15 Wed

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> I'm afraid you're right, Michelle. Religion is a touchy subject for a lot of people and can create a stumbling block that alienates viewers. It's really too bad, because Claire's core of quiet spirituality is a huge part of who she is and how she copes with the many terrible events that happen to her and those she loves. The way DG has written it is very real, very personal, and appeals to people of all faiths because it is honest. I'm Pagan, and I love the religious aspects of these books. Oh, well. The TV show has only an hour a week to tell the story and hold enough viewers to justify the show's existence to the execs in charge of the money. I am going to focus on being grateful we are getting as much of the book as we are. -- Shadow, 09:25:26 06/04/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Religion. The last TV tabu :) No, I don't think they'll ever go there. And it's a pity, because the way DG does it, it shows that a person may be deeply religious on his/her daily life without being preachy. -- Rita, 12:02:23 06/04/15 Thu

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.