VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 17:57:27 09/22/14 Mon
Author: Conmama
Subject: I got a little Teary eyed watching the wedding....the music was so beautiful.
In reply to: Rita 's message, "An episode 7 appreciation post :)" on 11:34:37 09/22/14 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> You know, this episode becomes more appealing every time I watch it. I'm certain my initial disappointment in it was due to the overdone advertising. My anticipation was so ramped up that the book was again fresh in my mind, which narrowed the necessary distance between the show and the novel and made all the adaptive changes too prominent. I've seen it 4 times now, including watching last night with the podcast. I now think the flashback format was a good choice and I'm mostly comfortable with the changes. I still think it demeans Dougal's character to have him hitting on Claire on her freaking wedding night, though! Dougal might be a randy old devil and a sly SOB, but I did think he was a man of honor in his own way. -- Shadow, 07:24:11 09/23/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Plus, Dougal's married - though they haven't mentioned it in the series. I was trying to remember his daughter's names on my way to work. One is Tibby, she's the one who kissed Jamie whe he was fostering there. -- kgp, 08:04:32 09/23/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> I agree, I think we watch it differently that most people, so when we watch it that third or forth time *g* we better see how it flows and why they did what they did. The podcast are great for that, I love them. :) -- M-another-M, 08:04:46 09/23/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.