VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:05:23 09/23/14 Tue
Author: Rita
Subject: Ditto, Lady Linda! No need to eat crow, but if you insist, save some for me :) The producers had us really fooled with this episode. What promised to be a straightforward fanfest ended up being the most complex episode to date. I first watched it enthralled (oh, Jamie! :) ), then on the second viewing I started nitpicking (no "tell the truth"! Wrong ring! Wrong pearls! ). Then as I watched it over and over -- and I don't plan to stop soon -- so many beautiful details and subtle emotions are coming out of the incredible performances, that I now love it. If the "missing bits" appear in the next episodes, great, but if not, I'm okay with it too. They're in my head, complementing this beautiful episode. I feel I'm being truly pampered by this whole production, and it feels SO GOOD! :)
In reply to: Lady Linda 's message, "I am sitting here eating a wee bit of crow. Well, I have put a bit of gravy and red pepper flakes on it for flavor! I WAS NOT a happy camper Saturday night when I saw it the first time. I let my Scottish temper cool for a couple of days and just finished watching it again with CC enabled. (Hearing a bit on the older side, ye ken?) I take back all that I said in my first rant (way below) immediately after I saw it Sat. I think I was just so taken aback that it started in the bridal chamber that I didn't recover from that shock during the first viewing. Watching it tonight, I think it did more justice than any other episode to date (And, I have thought all episodes prior were simply fabulous!). Able to understand every word (Yes, Jamie, a bit difficult to understand you sometimes), and thought the acting was simply brilliant. Everything in this episode was just perfect ." on 18:44:12 09/22/14 Mon

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> I watched it for the 3rd time yesterday and enjoyed it even more. I saw the parts people have written about that I've missed (Jamie strumming his finger on his chest and smiling in his sleep). Although I still am trying to push down those book comparison (he only smiled in his sleep when Claire stroked his head). Like the books you don't see everything the first time. For instance, Claire help him the first time they make love, but I didn't see that until the 3rd time. If you look closely when he drops on her and they are fumbling around, she does "guide" him. It was a beautiful episode and I enjoyed the music more in this one than any of them. I don't ever think I'll be able to watch him say his name again without thinking of all the scots giving him grief during the takings saying other spicy names as he's doing his takes. It makes me laugh everytime I think of it...what fun that must have been. Glad you've enjoyed it more on subsequent viewings. -- conmama, 05:14:01 09/23/14 Tue

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.